Scimitar Equity, LLC is an independent equity research firm focused on providing value-added intelligence and insightful investment conclusions on emerging companies demonstrating real progress toward their vision while meeting quarterly expectation.
RegMed sector, Friday’s trend is our friend if for a day
End of Day, Cause and Effect
RegMed stocks crawled between small gains and losses in lackluster trading Friday … as investors remained on the sidelines ahead of the soon coming flurry of earnings reports, but still pulled off their 2nd straight weeks of minimal gains.
Who is up at the close: Advanced cell technology (OTC: ACTC +$0.0027), Athersys (ATHX +$0.03), Bioheart (PINK: BHRT +$0.0029), BioLife Solutions (OTC: BLFS +$0.05), BioMimetic (BMTI +$0.11), Biorestorative (OTC: BRTX +$0.002), BioTime (NYSE MKT: BTX +$0.15), Cryo-Cell (OTC: CCEL +$0.07), Cytomedix (OTC: CMXI +$0.03), Cytori (CYTX +$0.06), Dendreon (DNDN +$1.07), International Stem Cell (OTC: ISCO +$0.005), Mesoblast (MBLTY +$0.2.30), MiMedx (PINK: MDXG +$0.10), Neuralstem (NYSE MKT: CUR +$0.05), Opexa (OPXA +$0.06), Pluristem (PSTI +$0.05), ReNeuron (RENE.L +$0.28) and Shire (SHPG +$0.94).
Breadth continues -POSITIVE – with universe gainers (20) leading losers (13) with flats (2).The CBOE volatility index traded near 13.
Closing Bell: The NASDAQ closed UP +3.87 (+0.12%) to 3,125.63 while the DOW is UP +17.21 (+0.13%) to 13,488.43.
Indicators … at the close:
- Aastrom (ASTM) closed DOWN … -$0.02 or -1.4% with 182 K share volume at $1.35;
- BioLife Solutions (OTC: BLFS) closed UP … +$0.11 or +33.33% on 12.3 K share volume at $0.42;
- Cytomedix (OTC: CMXI) closed UP … +$0.03 <+4.35%> on 72.7 K shares to $0.72;
- Medistem (PINK: MEDS) closed DOWN … -0.18 <-12.86%> on 2.9 K shares to $1.22;
- NeoStem (NYSE MKT: NBS) closed DOWN … -$0.01 <-1.51%> on 918.75 K shares to $0.62.
Register here to be notified of future Scimitar Equity articles.