Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East/North Africa and Latin America regions. Oxy is the fourth largest U.S. oil and gas company, based on equity market capitalization.
20/01/11Occidental Petroleum takes 40% interest in massive Shah Gas Field in Abu Dhabi
22/10/09Occidental Petroleum production and sales growth increases in third quarter
Recent Sector News
Royal Dutch Shell has obtained regulatory approval from the European Commission to buy BG Group, clearing another anti-trust hurdle to completing the near £50bn acquisition.
Falcon Oil & Gas (LON:FOG, CVE:FO) chief Philip O'Quigley hailed as an “excellent start” the drill results from its first well in Australia’s Beetaloo Basin. Kalala S-1 intercepted more than 500 metres of shale gas with a net pay (the potentially economic portion) of 150 metres.
The lower price environment is here to stay, longer than many of the key players anticipated.
There has been much talk in the oil and gas sector that there will need to be a round of mergers and acquisitions to avoid the dire consequences of a plummeting oil price.
The excitement will come when well results are revealed - but the financials reveal a well financed company.
Tethys is holding talks with Nostrum and the potential buyer now has exclusivity until August 25
Investors interested in Occidental Petroleum recently viewed
- Madalena Energy (TSX-V: MVN) Canadian-based domestic and international upstream oil and gas
- Gulfsands Petroleum (AIM: GPX) OIl & Gas Exploration and Production in the Middle East
- Carnarvon Petroleum (ASX: CVN) .
- Caspian Energy (TSX-V: CKZ.H) Huge regional potential and experience to deliver results
- Enegi Oil (AIM: ENEG) Oil & Gas Group Operating in Newfoundland and Ireland