McMoRan engage in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and onshore in the Gulf Coast area. Our exploration strategy is focused on the “deep gas play,” drilling to depths of 15,000 to 25,000 feet in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico and Gulf Coast area to target large structures in the Deep Miocene, and on the “ultra-deep gas play” below 25,000 feet. We have one of the largest acreage positions in the shallow waters of these areas, which are our regions of focus.
17/04/12McMoRan Exploration posts Q1 profit, revenues fall
19/07/11McMoRan widens Q2 losses
20/09/10Plains Exploration sells shallow water Gulf of Mexico assets to McMoRan for $818m in cash and stocks
19/01/10McMoRan Exploration reports 271.9 bcfe year end gas reserves, hits major didscovery at Davy Jones
Recent Sector News
“We believe this is a financially compelling opportunity for COS shareholders," said Suncor chief executive Steve Williams
“BP is receiving the punishment it deserves," the US Attorney General said.
At present, Nostrum has exclusive rights to talk to Tethys but that period of exclusivity is due to end soon.
COPL and partner Shoreline had meetings in Nigeria last week and the deal is anticipated “within the shortest possible time”.
The Burger well revealed signs of oil and gas, but not enough for Shell to continue exploration
A newly signed letter of intent has laid out the terms upon which Nostrum could acquire Tethys.
Investors interested in McMoRan Exploration Co recently viewed
- Gulfsands Petroleum (AIM: GPX) OIl & Gas Exploration and Production in the Middle East
- Empyrean Energy (AIM: EME) Empyrean Energy plc is an oil and gas explorer and producer
- Sefton Resources, Inc. (AIM: SER) Turning created value into profits
- New World Oil & Gas (AIM: NEW) Established to focus on the investments in the oil and gas sector
- Argos Resources (AIM: ARG) Offshore exploration in the Falkland Islands