Avocet is a focused West African gold mining and exploration company with its primary operations in Burkina Faso and Guinea. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and the Oslo Børs. The Company joined the FTSE 250 index in March 2012.
Avocet currently operates one gold mine, Inata in northern Burkina Faso, and has a pipeline of exploration projects in Burkina Faso and Guinea. The deposit at Inata presently comprises a Mineral Resource of 3.46 million ounces and a Mineral Reserve of 1.85 million ounces. Inata poured its first gold in December 2009 and produced approximately 167,000 ounces of gold in 2011.
NewsAll Avocet Mining News ►
Recent Sector News
How is it that shares in Mandalay Resources have virtually tripled over the past five years, when most other junior gold mining companies have suffered severe and sometimes catastrophic share price falls? The answer is simple: judicious acquisitions.
The past few days and weeks have been difficult to say the least and have culminated in the exit of the interim chief executive.
Set side-by-side, there were two significant slices of news from Greece this week that amply illustrate the issues and complexities underlying the current crisis there.
“The resource is only built on 14 holes spaced 50 meters apart,” says Glen Parsons, Mariana’s chief executive, “which is phenomenal”.
Amara Mining's Pete Gardner isn't overly concerned that US$10mln of funding from the IFC isn't in yet, saying it's nice to know the money's there if needed
Klondex has delivered record production and revenue on falling costs
Investors interested in Avocet Mining recently viewed
- Minera IRL (AIM, TSX: IRL) South American Gold exploration, development & production.
- Anglo Asian Mining (AIM: AAZ) Profitable, cash generative gold producer focussed in Azerbaijan
- KEFI Minerals (AIM: KEFI) Grassroots mineral exploration in Turkey and Saudi Arabia
- Silver Lake Resources (ASX: SLR) A Western Australian gold producer with significant growth potential
- REBgold Corp (TSX-V: RBG) Acquiring gold assets