88 Energy Limited - Proposed placing to raise up to A$10 million
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, INCLUDING THE APPENDIX AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN, IS RESTRICTED AND IS NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN, INTO OR FROM
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER TO SELL OR ISSUE OR THE SOLICITATION OF AN OFFER TO BUY, SUBSCRIBE FOR OR OTHERWISE ACQUIRE ANY NEW ORDINARY SHARES OF SEEING MACHINES LIMITED IN
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT FOR PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN OR INTO
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CONTAINS INSIDE INFORMATION AS DEFINED IN ARTICLE 7 OF THE MARKET ABUSE REGULATION NO. 596/2014 ("MAR"). UPON THE PUBLICATION OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, THIS INSIDE INFORMATION IS NOW CONSIDERED TO BE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN.
Proposed placing to raise up to
The Placing is being conducted through a bookbuilding process (the "Bookbuild"), which is being managed by Cenkos Securities plc ("Cenkos") in the
The Bookbuild will open with immediate effect following release of this announcement. The number of Placing Shares to be issued in the
Current trading and activity
The Company released its quarterly report for the three-month period to
In addition, the Company released an operations update on
The Project is located on an all year operational access road with both conventional and unconventional oil potential. The primary term for the State leases is 10 years with no mandatory relinquishment and a low 16.5% royalty.
Significant conventional prospectivity has been identified on 2D and 3D seismic across the project acreage where 2.9 billion barrels of gross prospective oil resource (1.0 billion barrels net mean unrisked to the Company) has been delineated.
· Project Icewine Conventional
Significant conventional prospectivity has been identified on modern 2D and 3D seismic data. The Icewine 3D seismic was acquired in Q1 2018 by the Company and fast-track processed during 2018. The conventional portfolio across the entire Project Icewine acreage was revised to 2.9 billion barrels of gross prospective oil resource (1.0 billion barrels net mean unrisked to the Company).
The Company commenced a fast track farm-out campaign in
Following an extended period of evaluation by a number of potential farminees, the farm-out process progressed to the next stage at the end of Q1 with a preferred bidder selected.
Under the terms of the Area A SPA, Premier will pay the full costs of an appraisal well up to a total of
Further details of the farmout and the upcoming drilling of the Charlie-1 (Malguk-1 appraisal) well are set out in the corporate presentation published on
· Project Icewine Unconventional
The HRZ liquids-rich resource play was successfully evaluated based on core obtained in the Icewine#1 exploration well (
Finalisation of advanced analysis using state-of-the-art technology has significantly advanced the Joint Venture understanding of the nature of the HRZ play. This analysis has confirmed that the HRZ is an excellent source rock with good potential as an economic shale play.
The nature of the dominant kerogen in the HRZ has been demonstrated to be prone to more rapid transformation into hydrocarbons than other shales initially used for comparison. This means that the thermal maturity window for volatile oil in the HRZ is at lower temperature than that typically seen in other plays. As a result, the Franklin Bluffs location (where both Icewine wells were drilled) is considered to be just outside the fairway. The kerogen in the HRZ at Franklin Bluffs has been converted largely to solid bitumen, with sub optimal intraparticle porosity and connectivity. The total porosity of the formation remains excellent - the effective kerogen porosity (pathways between the particles that contain the hydrocarbon); however, is lower than ideal. At slightly lower thermal maturity, it is prognosed that porosity/connectivity will be significantly improved.
The expansive leasing strategy employed by the Joint Venture means that the majority of the revised fairway for the play remains captured within the Project Icewine leasehold, with greater than 50% of the acres under lease considered prospective.
The forward program consists of accessing material from regional wells in order to conduct additional FIB-SEM analysis to confirm improved effective porosity and connectivity. Consequently, the formal farm-out process will be deferred until 2H 2019 to allow for this work to be completed. The Joint Venture continues to field unsolicited third party interest in the HRZ shale play and an informal farm-out process is underway.
A Prospective Resources Report by
Since the well operations were completed, the Company has progressed the integration of the Winx-1 well results into the existing 3D seismic volume. Additional data, that will aid in the evaluation process for the Western Blocks, has been identified. The forward program will be to access this data and reprocess and reinterpret the 3D seismic. It is anticipated that the evaluation work will be completed towards the end of CY2019.
The Yukon Gold leases are located on the eastern border of the
Discussions have been initiated by the Company with nearby lease owners to optimise the monetisation strategy for existing discovered resources located in the vicinity of the Yukon Leases. The Yukon Leases contain the 86 million barrel Cascade Prospect, which was intersected peripherally by Yukon Gold 1, drilled in 1994, and classified as an historic oil discovery.
Rationale for the Placing and Use of Proceeds
The proceeds of the Placing, together with the Company's existing cash reserves, will be used to fund the ongoing evaluation of the conventional and unconventional prospectivity of the Company's existing assets, including any potential costs in respect of the Charlie-1 well which is due to be drilled in Q1 CY2020, and to enable it to identify and exploit new opportunities on the
This will include strengthening the Company's balance sheet and to provide the Company with sufficient capital to:
· fund potential costs of the Charlie-1 above the Premier Oil carry;
· fund lease rental payments due on Alaskan acreage;
· fund interest payments due on the Company's debt facility;
· fund new venture opportunities; and
· finance the Company's ongoing working capital requirements and general and administrative overheads.
Details of the Placing
The Placing is subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Appendix (which forms part of this announcement, such announcement and the Appendix together, the "Announcement").
Application will be made to the
The Placing Shares will be issued and credited as fully paid and will rank in full for all dividends and other distributions declared, made or paid after the admission of those Ordinary Shares and will otherwise rank on Admission pari passu in all respects with each other and with the existing ordinary shares in the Company.
The Placing is conditional upon, inter alia, Admission taking place by no later than
The Placing does not require shareholder approval and the issue and allotment of the Placing Shares will rely on the Company's placement capacity pursuant to ASX Listing Rule 7.1 and 7.1A.
The Placing Shares have not been made available to the public and have not been offered or sold in any jurisdiction where it would be unlawful to do so.
This Announcement should be read in its entirety. In particular, your attention is drawn to the "Important Notices" section of this Announcement, to the detailed terms and conditions of the Placing and further information relating to the Bookbuild described in the Appendix to this Announcement (which forms part of this Announcement).
By choosing to participate in the Placing and by making an oral and legally binding offer to acquire Placing Shares, investors will be deemed to have read and understood this Announcement in its entirety (including the Appendix), and to be making such offer on the terms and subject to the conditions of the Placing contained herein, and to be providing the representations, warranties and acknowledgements contained in the Appendix.
In this Announcement, references to "pounds sterling", "£", "pence" and "p" are to the lawful currency of the
For further information please contact:
| || |
Tel: +61 8 9485 0990
| || |
Tel: +44 7976 248 471
| || |
| || |
| || |
Tel: +61 8 9268 2829
| || |
Cenkos Securities Plc
| || |
Tel: +44 (0)131 220 6939 / +44 (0)20 7397 8900
Pursuant to the requirements of the
The estimated quantities of petroleum that may be potentially recovered by the application of a future development project relate to undiscovered accumulations. These estimates have both an associated risk of discovery and a risk of development. Further exploration, appraisal and evaluation are required to determine the existence of a significant quantity of potentially movable hydrocarbons.
The Company has been operating on the
This announcement may include certain "forward-looking statements" and "forward-looking information" under applicable securities laws. Except for statements of historical fact, certain information contained herein constitutes forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are frequently characterised by words such as "plan", "expect", "project", "intend", "believe", "anticipate", "estimate", and other similar words, or statements that certain events or conditions "may" or "will" occur. Forward-looking statements are based on the opinions and estimates of management at the date the statements are made, and are based on a number of assumptions and subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions upon which such forward-looking statements are based include that all required third party regulatory and governmental approvals will be obtained. Many of these assumptions are based on factors and events that are not within the control of the Company and there is no assurance they will prove to be correct. Factors that could cause actual results to vary materially from results anticipated by such forward-looking statements include changes in market conditions and other risk factors discussed or referred to in this announcement and other documents filed with the applicable securities regulatory authorities. Although the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements if circumstances or management's estimates or opinions should change except as required by applicable securities laws. The reader is cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
Cenkos is authorised and regulated by the
No representation or warranty, express or implied, is or will be made as to, or in relation to, and no responsibility or liability is or will be accepted by the Bookrunners or by any of their respective affiliates or agents as to, or in relation to, the accuracy or completeness of this Announcement or any other written or oral information made available to or publicly available to any interested party or its advisers, and any liability therefor is expressly disclaimed.
No statement in this Announcement is intended to be a profit forecast or estimate, and no statement in this Announcement should be interpreted to mean that earnings per share of the Company for the current or future financial years would necessarily match or exceed the historical published earnings per share of the Company.
The price of shares and any income expected from them may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the full amount invested upon disposal of the shares. Past performance is no guide to future performance, and persons needing advice should consult an independent financial adviser.
The Placing Shares to be issued pursuant to the Placing will not be admitted to trading or listed on any stock exchange other than on AIM of the
Neither the content of the Company's website nor any website accessible by hyperlinks on the Company's website is incorporated in, or forms part of, this Announcement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE PLACING
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PLACEES ONLY
REGARDING THE PLACING
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO TAKE PART IN THE PLACING AND NO PUBLIC OFFERING OF PLACING SHARES IS BEING OR WILL BE MADE. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT (WHICH IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY) AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT ("TERMS AND CONDITIONS") ARE DIRECTED ONLY AT: (A) PERSONS IN MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA ("EEA") WHO ARE QUALIFIED INVESTORS WITHIN THE MEANING OF ARTICLE 2(E) OF THE EU PROSPECTUS REGULATION (WHICH MEANS REGULATION (EU) 2017/1129, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME, AND INCLUDES ANY RELEVANT IMPLEMENTING DIRECTIVE MEASURE IN ANY MEMBER STATE) (THE "PROSPECTUS REGULATION") ("QUALIFIED INVESTORS"); (B) IN THE
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MUST NOT BE ACTED ON OR RELIED ON BY PERSONS WHO ARE NOT RELEVANT PERSONS. DISTRIBUTION OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY BE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. PERSONS DISTRIBUTING THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SATISFY THEMSELVES THAT IT IS LAWFUL TO DO SO. ANY INVESTMENT OR INVESTMENT ACTIVITY TO WHICH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATE IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO RELEVANT PERSONS AND WILL BE ENGAGED IN ONLY WITH RELEVANT PERSONS. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT DOES NOT ITSELF CONSTITUTE AN OFFER FOR SALE OR SUBSCRIPTION OF ANY SECURITIES IN THE COMPANY.
NEITHER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT NOR THE PLACING CONSTITUTES OR IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE AN OFFER TO THE PUBLIC IN
THE SECURITIES MENTIONED HEREIN HAVE NOT BEEN AND WILL NOT BE REGISTERED UNDER THE US SECURITIES ACT OF 1933 (THE "US SECURITIES ACT") OR UNDER ANY SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY STATE OR OTHER JURISDICTION OF
THE SECURITIES MENTIONED HEREIN HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED OR DISAPPROVED BY THE
EACH PLACEE SHOULD CONSULT WITH ITS OWN ADVISERS AS TO LEGAL, TAX, BUSINESS AND RELATED ASPECTS OF AN ACQUISITION OF PLACING SHARES.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions the expression the "Placing" shall mean
Persons who are invited to and who choose to participate in the Placing by making an oral or written offer to acquire Placing Shares (as defined in this Announcement), including any individuals, funds or others on whose behalf a commitment to acquire Placing Shares is given (the "Placees"), will (i) be deemed to have read and understood this Announcement, including this Appendix, in its entirety; and (ii) be making such offer on the terms and conditions contained in these Terms and Conditions, including being deemed to be providing (and shall only be permitted to participate in the Placing on the basis that they have provided) the representations, warranties, acknowledgements and undertakings set out herein.
In particular each such Placee represents, warrants and acknowledges that:
(a) it is a Relevant Person (as defined above) and undertakes that it will acquire, hold, manage or dispose of any Placing Shares that are allocated to it for the purposes of its business;
(b) it is and, at the time the Placing Shares are acquired, will be outside
(c) if it is a financial intermediary, as that term is used in Article 5(1) of the Prospectus Regulation, that any Placing Shares acquired by it in the Placing will not be acquired on a non-discretionary basis on behalf of, nor will they be acquired with a view to their offer or resale to, persons in circumstances which may give rise to an offer of securities to the public other than an offer or resale in a member state of the EEA which has implemented the Prospectus Regulation to
The Company and Cenkos will rely upon the truth and accuracy of the foregoing representations, warranties, acknowledgements and agreements.
This Announcement and the information contained herein is not for publication or distribution, directly or indirectly, to persons in the
Persons into whose possession this Announcement may come are required by the Company to inform themselves about and to observe any restrictions of transfer in this Announcement. No public offer of securities of the Company is being made in the
This Announcement does not constitute an offer, and may not be used in connection with an offer, to sell or issue or the solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for Placing Shares in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is or may be unlawful.
These materials may not be published, distributed or transmitted by any means or media, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, in or into
The relevant clearances have not been, nor will they be, obtained from the securities commission of any province or territory of
Persons (including, without limitation, nominees and trustees) who have a contractual or other legal obligation to forward a copy of these Terms and Conditions or the Announcement of which they form part should seek appropriate advice before taking any action.
An indication in this Announcement of the price at which the Company's shares have been bought or sold in the past cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance. Persons needing advice should consult an independent financial adviser. No statement in this Announcement is intended to be a profit forecast.
Details of the Placing Agreement and the Placing Shares
Cenkos is acting as agent for and on behalf of the Company in connection with the Placing and has entered into a placing agreement (the "Placing Agreement") with the Company under which Cenkos has agreed to use its reasonable endeavours to procure Placees (on a non-underwritten basis) to subscribe for the Placing Shares at the Placing Price per Placing Share, on the terms and subject to the conditions set out herein.
The Placing Shares will, when issued, be credited as fully paid and will rank pari passu in all respects with the existing ordinary shares in the capital of the Company (the "Ordinary Shares"), including the right to receive all dividends and other distributions declared, made or paid on or in respect of the Ordinary Shares after the date of issue of the Placing Shares, and will on issue be free of all claims, liens, charges, encumbrances and equities.
Application for admission to trading on AIM
Applications will be made for the Placing Shares to be admitted to trading on the AIM market operated by the
Participation in, and principal terms of, the Placing
1. Cenkos is arranging the Placing as placing agent of the Company for the purpose of procuring Placees at the Placing Price (as defined above) for the Placing Shares following completion of the Bookbuilding Process (as defined below).
2. Commencing today, Cenkos will be conducting an accelerated bookbuilding process (the "Bookbuilding Process") in the
3. Participation in the Placing will only be available to persons who are Relevant Persons and who may lawfully be, and are, invited to participate by Cenkos.
4. The Placing Price of
5. The number of Placing Shares will be agreed between Cenkos and the Company following completion of the Bookbuilding Process.
6. The books will open with immediate effect. The Bookbuilding Process is then expected to close not later than
7. A bid in the Bookbuilding Process will be made on the terms and conditions in these Terms and Conditions and will not be capable of variation or revocation after the close of the Bookbuilding Process.
8. A Placee who wishes to participate in the Bookbuilding Process should communicate its bid by telephone to the usual sales contact at Cenkos. Each bid should either state the number of Placing Shares which the prospective Placee wishes to subscribe for or a fixed monetary amount at, in either case, the Placing Price. If successful, Cenkos will re-contact and confirm orally to its Placees following the close of the Bookbuilding Process the size of their respective allocations and contract notes will be dispatched thereafter. The identity of Placees and the basis of the allocations are at the discretion of Cenkos in consultation with the Company. Cenkos' oral confirmation of the size of allocations will constitute an irrevocable legally binding agreement with the Placee concerned in favour of the Company and Cenkos, pursuant to which each such Placee will be required to accept the number of Placing Shares allocated to the Placee at the Placing Price (up to the number of Placing Shares indicated in its bid) and otherwise on the terms and subject to the conditions set out herein and in accordance with the Company's constitution. Each Placee's allocation and commitment will be evidenced by a contract note issued to such Placee by Cenkos. The terms of these Terms and Conditions will be deemed incorporated in that contract note. Each such Placee will have an immediate, separate, irrevocable and binding obligation, owed to Cenkos , to pay it or (as it may direct) one of its affiliates in cleared funds an amount equal to the product of the Placing Price and the number of Placing Shares allocated to such Placee.
9. Cenkos reserves the right to accept bids, either in whole or in part, on the basis of allocations determined in accordance with the Company and to scale back the number of Placing Shares to be subscribed for or acquired by any Placee in the event of an oversubscription under the Placing. Cenkos also reserves the right not to accept offers to subscribe for or acquire Placing Shares or to accept such offers in part rather than in whole. The acceptance of offers shall be at the absolute discretion of Cenkos. Cenkos shall be entitled to effect the Placing by such alternative method to the Bookbuilding Process as it may determine in agreement with the Company.
10. Irrespective of the time at which a Placee's allocation pursuant to the Placing is confirmed, settlement for all Placing Shares to be acquired pursuant to the Placing will be required to be made at the same time, on the basis explained below under "Registration and Settlement".
11. All obligations of Cenkos under the Placing will be subject to fulfilment of the conditions referred to below under "Conditions of the Placing" and to the Placing not being terminated on the basis referred to below under "Right to terminate under the Placing Agreement".
12. By participating in the Placing, each Placee will agree that its rights and obligations in respect of the Placing will terminate only in the circumstances described below and will not be capable of rescission or termination by the Placee.
13. Except as required by law or regulation, no press release or other announcement will be made by Cenkos or the Company using the name of any Placee (or its agent), in its capacity as Placee (or agent), other than with such Placee's prior written consent.
14. To the fullest extent permissible by law, neither Cenkos, nor the Company, nor any of their respective affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees shall have any responsibility or liability to Placees (or to any other person whether acting on behalf of a Placee or otherwise). In particular, neither of Cenkos, nor the Company, nor any of their respective affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees shall have any responsibility or liability (including to the extent permissible by law, any fiduciary duties) in respect of Cenkos' conduct of the Placing and the Bookbuilding Process or of such alternative method of effecting the Placing or the Bookbuilding Process as Cenkos and the Company may agree.
15. The Placing is not subject to any minimum fundraising and no element of the Placing is underwritten by Cenkos or any other person.
Conditions of the Placing
The Placing is conditional upon the Placing Agreement becoming unconditional and not having been terminated in accordance with its terms.
Cenkos' obligations under the Placing Agreement in relation to the Placing of the Placing Shares are conditional on, inter alia:
(a) admission of the Placing Shares to trading on AIM occurring at or before
(b) the performance by the Company of its obligations under the Placing Agreement so far as those obligations fall to be performed prior to Admission; and
(c) the Company having confirmed to Cenkos that, prior to the delivery of such confirmation, none of the representations, warranties and agreements of the Company contained in the Placing Agreement was untrue, inaccurate or misleading at the date of the Placing Agreement or will be untrue, inaccurate or misleading immediately prior to Admission.
If: (i) any of the conditions in relation to the Placing of the Placing Shares contained in the Placing Agreement, including those described above, are not fulfilled or (where permitted) waived by Cenkos by the relevant time or date specified (or such later time or date as the Company and Cenkos may agree, being no later than
Cenkos may, at its discretion and upon such terms as it considers fit, waive compliance by the Company with the whole or any part of any of the Company's obligations in relation to the conditions in the Placing Agreement save that the above condition relating to Admission taking place may not be waived. Any such extension or waiver will not affect Placees' commitments as set out in this Announcement.
Cenkos shall not have any liability to any Placee (or to any other person whether acting on behalf of a Placee or otherwise) in respect of any decision it may make as to whether or not to waive or to extend the time and/or date for the satisfaction of any condition to the Placing nor for any decision it may make as to the satisfaction of any condition or in respect of the Placing generally and by participating in the Placing each Placee agrees that any such decision is within the absolute discretion of Cenkos.
Right to terminate under the Placing Agreement
Cenkos is entitled, at any time before Admission, to terminate the Placing Agreement by giving notice to the Company if, amongst other things:
(a) any statement contained in or this Announcement has become or has been discovered to be untrue, inaccurate or misleading in any material respect or that there has been a material omission therefrom;
(b) any of the warranties given by the Company in the Placing Agreement is untrue, inaccurate or misleading;
(c) the Company materially fails to comply with any of its obligations under the Placing Agreement;
(d) there has occurred, in Cenkos' opinion, acting in good faith, a material adverse change in the business of the Group or in the financial or trading position or prospects of the Group; or
(e) (i) any material adverse change in financial markets; (ii) any incident of terrorism or outbreak or escalation of hostilities or any declaration by the
which in the reasonable opinion of Cenkos, acting in good faith, would or would be likely to prejudice materially the Group or the Placing.
Upon such termination, the parties to the Placing Agreement shall be released and discharged (except for any liability arising before or in relation to such termination) from their respective obligations under or pursuant to the Placing Agreement subject to certain exceptions.
By participating in the Placing, Placees agree that the exercise by Cenkos of any right of termination or by Cenkos of any other discretion under the Placing Agreement shall be within the absolute discretion of Cenkos, and that Cenkos need not make any reference to Placees and that Cenkos shall have no liability to Placees whatsoever in connection with any such exercise or failure so to exercise.
No Admission Document or Prospectus
The Placing Shares are being offered to a limited number of specifically invited persons only, and will not be offered in such a way as to require an admission document or prospectus in the
Placees' commitments will be made solely on the basis of the information contained in this Announcement released by the Company today and subject to the further terms set out in these Terms and Conditions and in the contract note to be provided to individual prospective Placees. Each Placee, by accepting a participation in the Placing, agrees that the content of this Announcement (including this Appendix) and all other publicly available information previously published by the Company by notification to a
Registration and Settlement
Settlement of transactions in the Placing Shares (ISIN: AU00000088E2) following Admission will take place within the system administered by
Each Placee allocated Placing Shares in the Placing will be sent a contract note by Cenkos stating the number of Placing Shares allocated to it at the Placing Price, the aggregate amount owed by such Placee to Cenkos and settlement instructions. Each Placee agrees that it will do all things necessary to ensure that delivery and payment is completed in accordance with the standing CREST or certificated settlement instructions in respect of the Placing Shares that it has in place with Cenkos.
It is expected that settlement of the Placing Shares will be on
Interest is chargeable daily on payments not received from Placees on the due date in accordance with the arrangements set out above at the rate of two percentage points above LIBOR as determined by Cenkos.
Each Placee is deemed to agree that, if it does not comply with these obligations, Cenkos may sell any or all of the Placing Shares allocated to that Placee on such Placee's behalf and retain from the proceeds, for Cenkos' account and benefit, an amount equal to the aggregate amount owed by the Placee plus any interest due. The relevant Placee will, however, remain liable for any shortfall below the aggregate amount owed by it and may be required to bear any stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax (together with any interest or penalties) or other similar taxes imposed in any jurisdiction which may arise upon the sale of such Placing Shares on such Placee's behalf.
If Placing Shares are to be delivered to a custodian or settlement agent, Placees should ensure that the trade confirmation is copied and delivered immediately to the relevant person within that organisation.
Insofar as Placing Shares are registered in a Placee's name or that of its nominee or in the name of any person for whom a Placee is contracting as agent or that of a nominee for such person, such Placing Shares should, subject as provided below, be so registered free from any liability to
Representations, Warranties and Further Terms
By participating in the Placing each Placee (and any person acting on such Placee's behalf) irrevocably:
1. represents and warrants that it has read and understood the Announcement, in its entirety and that its acquisition of Placing Shares is subject to and based upon all the terms, conditions, representations, warranties, acknowledgements, agreements and undertakings and other information contained herein and undertakes not to redistribute or duplicate this Announcement;
2. acknowledges that no offering document or prospectus has been or will be prepared in connection with the Placing and represents and warrants that it has not received and will not receive a prospectus or other offering document in connection with the Placing or the Placing Shares nor is any such prospectus or offering document required under the Prospectus Regulation;
3. acknowledges that neither Cenkos, nor the Company, nor any of their respective affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees or any person acting on behalf of any of them has provided, nor will provide, it with any material regarding the Placing Shares, the Company or its Group other than (in the case of the Company) this Announcement; nor has it requested Cenkos, nor the Company, any of their respective affiliates or any person acting on behalf of any of them to provide it with any such information;
4. acknowledges that the Company's ordinary shares are admitted to trading on AIM and listed on the ASX and that the Company is therefore required to publish certain business and financial information in accordance with the rules and practices of the
5. acknowledges that neither Cenkos, nor any person acting on behalf of Cenkos, nor any of their respective affiliates has or shall have any liability for any publicly available or filed information or any representation relating to the Company or its Group, provided that nothing in this paragraph excludes the liability of any person for fraudulent misrepresentation made by that person;
6. acknowledges that the content of this Announcement is exclusively the responsibility of the Company and that neither Cenkos, nor its affiliates or any person acting on behalf of Cenkos has or shall have any liability for any information, representation or statement contained in, or omission from, this Announcement, or any information previously published by or on behalf of the Company or its Group, pursuant to applicable laws, and will not be liable for any Placee's decision to participate in the Placing based on any information, representation or statement contained in this Announcement or otherwise. Each Placee further represents, warrants and agrees that the only information on which it is entitled to rely and on which such Placee has relied in committing itself to acquire Placing Shares is contained in this Announcement and any information previously published by the Company by notification to a
7. acknowledges and agrees that it may not rely, and has not relied, on any investigation that Cenkos, any of its affiliates or any person acting on Cenkos' behalf, may have conducted with respect to the Placing Shares or the Company or its Group, and none of such persons has made any representation, express or implied, with respect to the Company, its Group, the Placing Shares or the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of any publicly available or filed information or any representation relating to the Company or its Group; each Placee further acknowledges that it has conducted its own investigation of the Company, its Group and the Placing Shares and has received all information it believes necessary or appropriate in connection with its investment in the Placing Shares;
8. acknowledges that it has made its own assessment and has satisfied itself concerning the relevant tax, legal, currency and other economic considerations relevant to its investment in the Placing Shares;
9. acknowledges that neither Cenkos, nor its affiliates, nor any person acting on behalf of any of them has or shall have any liability for any information made publicly available by or in relation to the Company or its Group or any representation, warranty or statement relating to the Company or the Group contained therein or otherwise, provided that nothing in this paragraph excludes the liability of any person for fraudulent misrepresentation made by that person;
10. represents and warrants that it is and, at the time the Placing Shares are acquired, will be located outside
11. acknowledges that the Placing Shares have not been and will not be registered under the US Securities Act or the securities laws of any state of
12. acknowledges that in making any decision to acquire Placing Shares it (i) has such knowledge and experience in financial and business matters to be capable of evaluating the merits and risks of subscribing for or purchasing the Placing Shares, (ii) has relied on its own examination, due diligence and analysis of the Company, including the markets in which the Company and the Group operates and the terms of the Placing, including the merits and risks involved, (iii) has had sufficient time to consider and conduct its own investigation with respect to the Placing and purchase of Placing Shares, including the legal, regulatory, tax, business, currency and other economic and financial considerations relevant to such an investigation, (iv) will not look to Cenkos for all or part of any such loss it may suffer, (v) is experienced in investing in securities of this nature in this sector and is aware that it may be required to bear, and is able to bear, the economic risk of an investment in the Placing Shares, (vi) is able to sustain a complete loss of an investment in the Placing Shares and (vii) has no need for liquidity with respect to its investment in the Placing Shares;
13. acknowledges that the Placing is not conditional upon the quotation of the Placing Shares on the ASX and that the quotation of the Placing Shares on the ASX is subject to ASX approval;
14. undertakes, unless otherwise specifically agreed with Cenkos, that it is not and at the time the Placing Shares are acquired, neither it nor the beneficial owner of the Placing Shares will be, a resident of
15. acknowledges that the Placing Shares have not been and will not be registered and that a prospectus will not be cleared in respect of any of the Placing Shares under the securities laws or legislation of
16. acknowledges that the Placing Shares are being subscribed for investment purposes, and not with a view to offer, resell or distribute within the meaning of
17. acknowledges that no representation has been made as to the availability of any exemption under the US Securities Act for the reoffer, resale, pledge or transfer of the Placing Shares;
18. represents and warrants that the issue to it, or the person specified by it for registration as holder, of Placing Shares will not give rise to a liability under any of sections 67, 70, 93 or 96 of the Finance Act 1986 (depositary receipts and clearance services) and that the Placing Shares are not being acquired in connection with arrangements to issue depositary receipts or to issue or transfer Placing Shares into a clearance service;
19. represents and warrants that it has complied with its obligations under the Criminal Justice Act 1993, the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 ("FSMA") and in connection with money laundering and terrorist financing under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (as amended), the Terrorism Act 2000, the Terrorism Act 2006 and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and any related or similar rules, regulations or guidelines, issued, administered or enforced by any government agency having jurisdiction in respect thereof (the "Regulations") and the Money Laundering Sourcebook of the
20. represents and warrants that it is acting as principal only in respect of the Placing or, if it is acting for any other person: (i) it is duly authorised to do so and has full power to make the acknowledgments, representations and agreements herein on behalf of each such person; and (ii) it is and will remain liable to the Company and/or Cenkos for the performance of all its obligations as a Placee in respect of the Placing (regardless of the fact that it is acting for another person);
21. if a financial intermediary, as that term is used in Article 5(1) of the EU Prospectus Regulation, represents and warrants that the Placing Shares purchased by it in the Placing will not be acquired on a non-discretionary basis on behalf of, nor will they be acquired with a view to their offer or resale to, persons in a member state of the EEA which has implemented the Prospectus Regulation other than
22. represents and warrants that it has not offered or sold and will not offer or sell any Placing Shares to persons in the
23. represents and warrants that it has not offered or sold and will not offer or sell any Placing Shares to persons in the EEA prior to Admission except to persons whose ordinary activities involve them in acquiring, holding, managing or disposing of investments (as principal or agent) for the purposes of their business or otherwise in circumstances which have not resulted in and which will not result in an offer to the public in any member state of the EEA within the meaning of the Prospectus Regulation;
24. represents and warrants that it has only communicated or caused to be communicated and will only communicate or cause to be communicated any invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity (within the meaning of section 21 of the FSMA) relating to the Placing Shares in circumstances in which section 21(1) of the FSMA does not require approval of the communication by an authorised person;
25. represents and warrants that it has complied and will comply with all applicable provisions of the FSMA with respect to anything done by it in relation to the Placing Shares in, from or otherwise involving, the
26. represents and warrants, if in a member state of the EEA, unless otherwise specifically agreed with Cenkos in writing, that it is a "qualified investor" within the meaning of Article 2(e) of the Prospectus Regulation;
27. represents and warrants, if in the
28. represents and warrants that it is not a 'related party' of the Company as that term is defined in section 228 of the Australian Corporations Act and/or the ASX Listing Rules, (or, if it is a 'related party' of the Company, that its acquisition of Placing Shares would not require the Company to obtain the approval of its shareholders under section 208(1)(a) of the Australian Corporations Act); agrees that it must comply with all applicable provisions of the Australian Foreign Investments and Takeovers Act, 1975 (Cth) in relation to the Placing Shares by no later than the settlement date for the relevant Placing Shares;
29. acknowledges and agrees that no action has been or will be taken by either the Company or Cenkos or any person acting on behalf of the Company or Cenkos that would, or is intended to, permit a public offer of the Placing Shares in any country or jurisdiction where any such action for that purpose is required;
30. represents and warrants that it and any person acting on its behalf is entitled to acquire the Placing Shares under the laws of all relevant jurisdictions and that it has fully observed such laws and obtained all such governmental and other guarantees, permits, authorisations, approvals and consents which may be required thereunder and complied with all necessary formalities to enable it to commit to this participation in the Placing and to perform its obligations in relation thereto (including, without limitation, in the case of any person on whose behalf it is acting, it has the necessary powers and capacity and all necessary consents and authorities to agree to the terms set out or referred to in these Terms and Conditions) and will honour such obligations and that it has not taken any action or omitted to take any action which will or may result in Cenkos, the Company or any of their respective directors, officers, agents, employees or advisers acting in breach of the legal or regulatory requirements of any jurisdiction in connection with the Placing;
31. undertakes that it (and any person acting on its behalf) will make payment in respect of the Placing Shares allocated to it in accordance with these Terms and Conditions on the due time and date set out herein, failing which the relevant Placing Shares may be placed with other acquirers or sold as Cenkos may in its sole discretion determine and without liability to such Placee, who will remain liable for any amount by which the net proceeds of such sale falls short of the product of the Placing Price and the number of Placing Shares allocated to it and may be required to bear any stamp duty, stamp duty reserve tax or other similar taxes (together with any interest or penalties) which may arise upon the sale of such Placee's Placing Shares;
32. that its allocation (if any) of Placing Shares will represent a maximum number of Placing Shares which it will be entitled, and required, to acquire, and that Cenkos and/or the Company may call upon it to acquire a lower number of Placing Shares (if any), but in no event in aggregate more than the aforementioned maximum;
33. acknowledges that none of the Company, nor Cenkos, nor any of their respective affiliates, nor any person acting on behalf of them, is making any recommendations to it, advising it regarding the suitability of any transactions it may enter into in connection with the Placing and that its participation in the Placing is on the basis that it is not and will not be a client of Cenkos in connection with its participation in the Placing and that Cenkos have no duties or responsibilities to it for providing the protections afforded to their respective clients or customers or for providing advice in relation to the Placing nor in respect of any representations, warranties, undertakings or indemnities contained in the Placing Agreement nor for the exercise or performance of any of their respective rights and obligations thereunder including any rights to waive or vary any conditions or exercise any termination right. Further, it acknowledges that any payment by it will not be treated as client money as governed by the FCA Handbook rules;
34. acknowledges that any money held in an account by Cenkos on behalf of the Placee and/or any person acting on behalf of the Placee will not be treated as client money within the meaning of the rules and regulations under FSMA and that the money will therefore not be subject to the protections conferred by the client money rules. As a consequence, the Placee acknowledges that its money will not be segregated from Cenkos' money in accordance with the client money rules and will be used by each of Cenkos in the course of its own business and the Placee will rank only as a general creditor of Cenkos ;
35. undertakes that the person whom it specifies for registration as holder of the Placing Shares will be (i) itself or (ii) its nominee, as the case may be. Neither Cenkos nor the Company will be responsible for any liability to stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax or other similar taxes resulting from a failure to observe this requirement ("Indemnified Taxes"). Each Placee and any person acting on behalf of such Placee agrees to participate in the Placing and it agrees to indemnify the Company and Cenkos on an after-tax basis in respect of any Indemnified Taxes on the basis that the Placing Shares will be allotted to the CREST stock account of Cenkos who will hold them as nominee on behalf of such Placee until settlement in accordance with its standing settlement instructions;
36. acknowledges that these Terms and Conditions and any agreements entered into by it pursuant to these Terms and Conditions set out in this Appendix, and all non-contractual or other obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of
37. agrees to indemnify on an after tax basis and hold the Company, Cenkos and their respective affiliates harmless from any and all costs, claims, liabilities and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising out of or in connection with any breach of the representations, warranties, acknowledgements, agreements and undertakings in these Terms and Conditions and further agrees that the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall survive after completion of the Placing;
38. represents and warrants that it has neither received nor relied on any inside information concerning the Company prior to or in connection with accepting this invitation to participate in the Placing and is not purchasing Placing Shares on the basis of material non-public information and if it has received any confidential price sensitive information about the Company in advance of the Placing, it has neither dealt in securities of the Company, encouraged or required any other person to deal in securities of the Company or disclosed any such information to any other person prior to the information being made publicly and generally available;
39. acknowledges that its commitment to subscribe for Placing Shares on the terms set out herein and in the trade confirmation or contract note will continue notwithstanding any amendment that may in future be made to the terms of the Placing, and that Placees will have no right to be consulted or require that their consent be obtained with respect to the Company's conduct of the Placing;
40. if it is a pension fund or investment company, its purchase of Placing Shares is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
41. acknowledges and agrees that it irrevocably appoints any director of Cenkos as its agent for the purposes of executing and delivering to the Company and/or its registrars any documents on its behalf necessary to enable it to be registered as the holder of any of the Placing Shares agreed to be taken up by it under the Placing;
42. represents and warrants that it will provide Cenkos with such relevant documents as it may reasonably request to comply with requests or requirements that either they or the Company may receive from regulators in relation to the Placing, subject to its legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and restrictions;
43. agrees that the Company, Cenkos and their respective affiliates and others will rely upon the truth and accuracy of the foregoing representations, warranties, acknowledgements and undertakings which are given to Cenkos on its own behalf and on behalf of the Company and are irrevocable and irrevocably authorises the Company and Cenkos to produce this Announcement, pursuant to, in connection with, or as may be required by any applicable law or regulation, administrative or legal proceeding or official inquiry with respect to the matters set forth herein;
44. acknowledges that the Placing Shares will be issued subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Announcement;
45. acknowledges that time is of the essence as regard its obligations in respect of its participation in the Placing under these Terms and Conditions;
46. acknowledges that it will be bound by the terms of the constitution of the Company; and
47. acknowledges that any document that is to be sent to it in connection with the Placing will be sent at its own risk and may be sent to it at any address provided by it to Cenkos.
The foregoing representations, warranties and confirmations are given to Cenkos for itself and on behalf of the Company and are irrevocable.
The agreement to allot and issue Placing Shares to Placees (and/or to persons for whom such Placee is contracting as agent) free of stamp duty and stamp duty reserve tax relates only to their allotment and issue to Placees, or such persons as they nominate as their agents, direct from the Company for the Placing Shares in question. Such agreement also assumes that the Placing Shares are not being acquired in connection with arrangements to issue depositary receipts or to issue or transfer the Placing Shares into a clearance service. If there are any such arrangements, or the settlement relates to any other dealing in the Placing Shares, stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax or other similar taxes may be payable, for which neither the Company nor Cenkos will be responsible and the Placees shall indemnify the Company and Cenkos on an after-tax basis for any stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax paid by them in respect of any such arrangements or dealings. If this is the case, each Placee should seek its own advice and notify Cenkos accordingly.
The Company and Cenkos are not liable to bear any transfer taxes that arise on a sale of Placing Shares subsequent to their acquisition by Placees or for transfer taxes arising otherwise than under the laws of the
In addition, Placees should note that they will be liable for any stamp duty and all other stamp, issue, securities, transfer, registration, documentary or other duties or taxes (including any interest, fines or penalties relating thereto) payable outside the
Each Placee, and any person acting on behalf of the Placee, acknowledges that neither the Company, nor Cenkos owe any fiduciary or other duties to any Placee in respect of any representations, warranties, undertakings or indemnities in the Placing Agreement.
Each Placee and any person acting on behalf of the Placee acknowledges and agrees that Cenkos or any of its affiliates may, at its absolute discretion, agree to become a Placee in respect of some or all of the Placing Shares.
When a Placee or person acting on behalf of the Placee is dealing with Cenkos, any money held in an account with Cenkos on behalf of the Placee and/or any person acting on behalf of the Placee will not be treated as client money within the meaning of the rules and regulations of the
The rights and remedies of Cenkos and the Company under these terms and conditions are in addition to any rights and remedies which would otherwise be available to each of them and the exercise or partial exercise of one will not prevent the exercise of others.
All times and dates in this Announcement may be subject to amendment. Cenkos shall notify the Placees and any person acting on behalf of the Placees of any changes.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: 88 Energy Ltd
Market Cap: £33.51 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE