AFC Energy Plc - HydroX-Cell(S) Update
HydroX-Cell(S)TM High Power Density Fuel Cell System Update
· New, heavy motive applications such as shipping and rail continue to demonstrate strong interest in the high-power density HydroX-Cell(S)TM technology platform (fuelled on direct hydrogen or hydrogen derived from "cracked" ammonia).
· Successful development works this year mean the technology remains on target for initial release in 2022.
· Successfully scaled up to single commercial scale fuel cell operation with performance continuing to reflect that of market leading PEM fuel cell systems.
· Design for initial short stack, multi-fuel cell (<10kW) system concluded with prototype system validation expected later this year.
· Internal capacity to produce HydroX-Cell(S)TM electrodes increased.
· Pilot fabrication process for production of membrane electrode assemblies (MEA) is under development.
· Recruited new highly skilled members of staff to the HydroX-Cell(S)TM development team.
The last few months has seen much written about ammonia as a highly efficient carrier of Hydrogen for heavy motive applications including shipping and rail where the business case for energy dense ammonia, which does not need compression and can be transported as a liquid at much lower pressures than compressed Hydrogen, makes it an ideal fuel in such applications.
Since the Company's last HydroX-Cell(S)TM market update in
The Company has stated its plans to release commercial scale HydroX-Cell(S)TM stacks to the market in 2022 and remains on track to achieve this timeline.
"The HydroX-Cell(S)TM system has been the subject of much interest since the beginning of the COVID lockdown, both for its ability to be fueled by low grade hydrogen, such as that derived from ammonia, but also for its prospective ability to operate free from platinum group metals. Through early engagement with OEMs and prospective industry partners on our market leading anion exchange membrane technology, we continue to believe the market for an alkaline high-power density fuel cell is vast, further validating progress in this area. To this end, we are today pleased to positively report our ongoing progress in achieving the stated timeline of 2022 for system deployment".
For further information, please contact:
| || |
+44 (0) 14 8327 6726
WH Ireland - Nominated Adviser and Joint Broker
Mike Coe (Corporate Finance)
+44 (0) 117 945 3470
M C Peat & Co LLP - Joint Broker
+44 (0) 20 7104 2334
| || |
| || |
+44 (0) 7900 205 460
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: AFC Energy PLC
Market Cap: £119.96 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE