AFC Energy Plc - AlkaMem Update
· Successfully scaled up and validated AlkaMemTM membrane within a commercial sized HydroX-Cell(S)TM fuel cell.
· Excellent power density maintained utilising scaled up AlkaMemTM membrane, reflecting performance seen amongst alternative high-density fuel cell technologies.
· Developing methods for enhanced mechanical stability of the AlkaMemTM membrane to meet wider industry applications.
· Initial small scale AlkaMemTM samples sold for comparative validation to commercial and research institutions in
· Preparing for further small-scale membrane samples dispatched to European institutions next month.
· Initial review of third-party membrane base film suppliers highlights likely cost advantages to alternative membrane base film technologies in the market today.
Whilst AlkaMemTM has, in varying thicknesses, application across multiple non-fuel cell applications, the focus of development work over the course of the first five months of 2020 has been on the 20µm series for use within the Company's HydroX-Cell(S)TM fuel cell stack. In developing the membrane for one application, there is clear cross over benefit for use in other third-party applications.
AlkaMemTM has continued to show strong operational performance and the ability to scale this into a single commercial scale fuel cell now means efforts can go into the design and engineering of the HydroX-Cell(S)TM fuel cell stack.
The Company has consolidated its membrane team with new recruits from a mixture of PEM fuel cell / engineering backgrounds and are building an expert team across the anion exchange membrane technology field, now reporting directly to the Company's Chief Operating Officer.
New manufacturing techniques are presenting options to further enhance the mechanical strength of the membrane, which will be particularly relevant to future alkaline water electrolysis applications and for manufacturing scale up. To date, the prospects for membrane stability look promising based on the manufacturing processes developed at
For further information, please contact:
| || |
+44 (0) 14 8327 6726
WH Ireland - Nominated Adviser and Joint Broker
Mike Coe (Corporate Finance)
+44 (0) 117 945 3470
M C Peat & Co LLP - Joint Broker
+44 (0) 20 7104 2334
| || |
| || |
+44 (0) 7900 205 460
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: AFC Energy PLC
Market Cap: £142.13 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE