2019 Annual Report and Notice of AGM
Ashmore Group PLC
16 September 2019
2019 Annual Report and Notice of Annual General Meeting
Ashmore Group plc ('the Company') announces that in accordance with Listing Rule 9.6.1 copies of the following documents have been submitted to the National Storage Mechanism and will shortly be available at www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/NSM:
1. 2019 Annual Report and Accounts (the Annual Report)
2. Notice of 2019 Annual General Meeting (the AGM Notice)
3. Form of Proxy
The Annual Report and the AGM Notice will also be made available on the Company's website: www.ashmoregroup.com
The Company's Annual General Meeting will be held at De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen Street, London WC2B 5DA at 12.00 noon on Friday 18 October 2019.
The information below, which is extracted from the Annual Report, is provided in compliance with DTR 6.3.5 and should be read in conjunction with the Company's Final Results announcement issued on 6 September 2019. This announcement and the Final Results announcement together constitute the material required by DTR 6.3.5. This material is not a substitute for reading the Annual Report. Cross-references in the extracted information below refer to pages in the Annual Report.
Statement of Directors' responsibilities
The Directors are responsible for preparing the Annual Report and the Group and parent company financial statements in accordance with applicable law and regulations. The names and functions of the Directors are listed on page 51 of the Annual Report.
Company law requires the Directors to prepare Group and parent company financial statements for each financial year. Under that law they are required to prepare the Group financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) as adopted by the European Union (EU) and applicable law and have elected to prepare the parent company financial statements on the same basis.
Under company law, the Directors must not approve the financial statements unless they are satisfied that they give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the Group and parent company and of their profit and loss for that period. In preparing each of the Group and parent company financial statements, the Directors are required to:
- select suitable accounting policies and then apply them consistently;
- make judgements and estimates that are reasonable, relevant and reliable;
- state whether they have been prepared in accordance with IFRSs as adopted by the EU:
- assess the Group and parent company's ability to continue as a going concern, disclosing, as applicable, matters related to going concern; and
- use the going concern basis of accounting unless they either intend to liquidate the Group or the parent company or to cease operations, or have no realistic alternative but to do so.
The Directors are responsible for keeping adequate accounting records that are sufficient to show and explain the parent company's transactions and disclose with
reasonable accuracy at any time the financial position of the parent company and enable them to ensure that its financial statements comply with the Companies Act
2006. They are responsible for such internal control as they determine is necessary to enable the preparation of financial statements that are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error, and have general responsibility for taking such steps as are reasonably open to them to safeguard the assets of the Group and to prevent and detect fraud and other irregularities.
Under applicable law and regulations, the Directors are also responsible for preparing a Strategic report, Directors' report, Directors' remuneration report and corporate governance statement that comply with that law and those regulations.
The Directors are responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the corporate and financial information included on the Company's website. Legislation in the UK governing the preparation and dissemination of financial statements may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
Responsibility statement of the Directors in respect of the annual financial report
We confirm that to the best of our knowledge:
- the financial statements, prepared in accordance with the applicable set of accounting standards, give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit or loss of the Company and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole; and
- the Strategic report includes a fair review of the development and performance of the business and the position of the issuer and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole, together with a description of the principal risks and uncertainties that they face.
We consider the Annual Report and Accounts, taken as a whole, is fair, balanced and understandable and provides the information necessary for shareholders to assess the Group's position and performance, business model and strategy.
Ashmore Group plc
Investor Relations +44 (0)20 3077 6278
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.rns.com.
Quick facts: Ashmore Group
Market Cap: £3.34 billion
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE