Capital & Regional - COVID-19 Update
LSE share code: CAL
24 June Quarter Date.
Our overriding priority remains the health, safety and protection of our colleagues, guests and customers and, since the outbreak of the virus, we have been following the latest official government guidelines and advice across our portfolio.
- All seven of the Company's community shopping centres have remained open throughout the period of lockdown providing essential services to the communities we serve. The lifting of restrictions enabling non-essential retailers to open again from
15 June 2020has seen a significant increase in the number of tenants now back trading. As of today 470 stores are back open and trading, increased from 68 stores in early May. This represents 74% of units with a further 10% having confirmed dates for re-opening. We are working closely with the remaining retailers to re-open as soon as possible noting only 5% of our retailers are currently not authorised to open.
- Footfall for the week ending
28 June 2020was approximately 55% of the equivalent week in the prior year, 97% higher than the last week prior to the restrictions easing. Feedback from many of our retailers is that average transaction values have been higher than the comparable period last year with shoppers making focused purpose led visits.
- Of the rent for the third quarter of the year that was due on or since the
24 June 2020we have received or expect to imminently receive 34%. In total we have collected approximately 40% of all rents that have fallen due from the 25 March 2020to the present day, incorporating rents payable on both a quarterly and monthly basis.
- Approaching half of the balance of rents that are outstanding are due from major well-capitalised retailers who have capacity and a clear contractual obligation to pay. It is encouraging that several of the non payers have engaged with us regarding payments now stores are trading and we are fully committed to working constructively with all our customers.
- In line with government guidance our
Snozoneoperation closed its two indoor ski slope sites on Friday 20 March 2020.We are making plans for reopening in anticipation of the restrictions being lifted in the coming weeks and expect the business to be back up and trading in time for the peak Q4 trading quarter.
- As at close of business on
30 June 2020the Group had total cash on balance sheet of over £81 million, which is equivalent to more than one year's gross revenue. In addition, the Group has an undrawn revolving credit facility of £15 millionavailable until January 2022.The earliest maturity on any of the Group's other loan facilities is February 2023.
- We have signed waivers for all income covenants with quarterly test dates in July and
October 2020on our three largest asset backed loan facilities. These represent over 93% of our outstanding debt.
- In light of the uncertain market conditions we have paused on any commitments to the proposed
Hemel Hempstead Leisureproject. We are considering alternative options and are in discussions with the lender to review the loan facility to reflect this.
It remains too early to quantify the medium and longer term impacts of COVID-19 on the Group's operations. Whilst it is clear that COVID-19 is rapidly accelerating a number of structural trends that were already under way in retail industry, we continue to believe the Group's focus on local community centres providing non-discretionary and essential goods and services will help mitigate the Group on a relative basis and provides the business with a sound base in these unprecedented times.
Further details will be provided when the Group announces its half-year results for the six months ended
This announcement contains Inside Information. The person responsible for arranging the release of this announcement is
- ENDS -
For further information:
FTI Consulting 020 3727 1000
For further information see capreg.com/
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Capital & Regional PLC
Market Cap: £40.76 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE