The Company announces that on 17 April 2019, Peter Baker, the Company Chairman, purchased 10,817 ordinary shares of 1 pence each in the Company ("Ordinary Shares") at a price of 78 pence per Ordinary Share.
Following this purchase, Mr Baker holds 96,817 Ordinary Shares, representing approximately 0.1 per cent. of the Company's issued Ordinary Share capital.
· Finsbury Food Group Plc (AIM: FIF) is a leading UK manufacturer of cake and bread bakery goods, supplying a broad range of blue chip customers within both the grocery retail and 'out of home eating' foodservice sectors including major multiples and leading foodservice providers.
· The Company is one of the largest speciality bakery groups in the UK and, with its Overseas division, has sales in the financial year ending 30 June 2018 exceeding £300m.
· The Company's bakery product range is comprehensive and includes:
o Large premium and celebration cakes.
o Small snacking cake formats such as cake slices and bites.
o Artisan, healthy lifediv and organic breads through to rolls, muffins (sweet and savoury) and morning pastries, all of which are available both fresh and frozen dependent on customer channel requirements.
· The Company is one of the largest ambient cake manufacturers in the UK, a market valued at over £950 million (source: IRI, 52 w/e 8th December 2018). The annual retail bread and morning goods market has a value of £4.4 billion (source: Kantar Worldpanel 52 weeks to 30th December 2018). The UK foodservice bread and savoury morning goods bakery sector is worth approximately £743 million per annum (source: derived from MCA data for 52 weeks to 30th September 2018). The UK foodservice cake and sweet morning goods bakery sector is worth approximately £913 million per annum (UK foodservice data derived from MCA data for 52 weeks to 30th September 2018).
· The Company comprises a UK Bakery division and an Overseas division:
o The UK Bakery division has manufacturing sites in Cardiff, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Salisbury, Sheffield, and Manchester.
o The Overseas division comprises the Company's 50% owned company, Lightbody Stretz Ltd, which supplies and distributes the Group's UK-manufactured products and third party products, primarily to Europe.
· Since the year end date of 30 June 2018, the Company completed the acquisition of Free From baker Ultrapharm, giving the Group a significant opportunity to access an exciting and high growth marketplace and manufacturing facilities in Pontypool in the UK and in Żywiec, Poland.
Details of the person discharging managerial responsibilities/person closely associated
Reason for the notification
Details of the issuer, emission allowance market participation, auction platform, auctioneer or auction monitor
Finsbury Food Group Plc
Details of transaction(s); section to be repeated for (i) each type of instrument; (ii) each type of transaction; (iii) each date; and (iv) each place where transactions have been conducted.
Description of the financial instrument:
Ordinary Shares of 1 pence each
Nature of the transaction:
Purchase of Ordinary Shares of 1 pence each
Price(s) and volume(s):
Date of the Transaction:
17 April 2019
Place of the Transaction:
London Stock Exchange AIM
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.rns.com.
Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...