McColls announces Board and Executive appointments
McColl's Retail Group plc ("McColl's" or "the Group") is pleased to announce that, following a thorough search process, it has appointed Giles David to the Board as Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Giles will join the Group on 1st June 2020 having previously been CFO at Casual Dining Group, a position he was appointed to in 2017. Giles has over two decades of experience in senior finance roles across retail, hospitality, property and telecoms, and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
Jonathan Miller, Chief Executive, said: "Giles is a highly experienced CFO with a real understanding of customer-facing businesses, and I'm delighted he's joining McColl's. This is a very busy time for our business with increased customer demand, as we work hard to serve customers in neighbourhoods across the UK, and we're really looking forward to having Giles on board and benefiting from his expertise."
Giles David said: "I am excited to be joining McColl's and look forward to working with Jonathan, the Board and all my new colleagues. As a leading neighbourhood retailer, McColl's is playing an invaluable role in serving local communities at this time. It will be a privilege to be part of that work, and as we look to the future, I believe we have a real opportunity to deliver on the Group's strategy to drive growth in the years ahead."
McColl's is also announcing today that Richard Crampton, Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), has been appointed to the Board with effect from 1st June 2020.
Richard's appointment to the Board is in recognition of the valuable contribution he has made to the Group since he joined McColl's in September 2019 in the newly created position of CCO. Richard has been responsible for accelerating the development of the Group's commercial strategy and further enhancing the customer proposition.
Additionally, Benedict Smith has been appointed to the Board as Non-Executive Director with effect from 1st July 2020. On appointment he will join the Audit & Risk Committee, Remuneration Committee and Nomination Committee. Benedict was recently Interim Group CFO of Dennis Publishing Group and has a wealth of experience in retail, having previously held Group CFO positions at Hunter Boot, GAME Digital, Harrods and Spirit Group.
Angus Porter, Chairman, said: "I am delighted to welcome Giles, Richard and Benedict to the Board of McColl's. Giles brings with him strong financial stewardship, Richard's is a well-deserved appointment having already made a significant contribution to the business, and Benedict has in-depth retail industry knowledge and expertise that we will greatly benefit from."
Please visit www.mccollsplc.co.uk or for further information, please contact:
McColl's Retail Group plc
Angus Porter, Chairman
Jonathan Miller, Chief Executive Officer
+44 (0)1277 372916
Ed Young, Rob Walker, Charlie Twigg
+44 (0)20 3805 4822
· Following the announcement on 6th May 2020, McColl's' departing CFO Robbie Bell will leave the Group on 30th June 2020 following a handover period. Details of the remuneration arrangements in respect of Robbie Bell's departure, which are in line with the shareholder approved Remuneration Policy, will be disclosed on the Company's website in accordance with section 430(2b) of the Companies Act 2006 in due course.
· Full details of the remuneration arrangements for Giles David and Richard Crampton, which are in line with the shareholder approved Remuneration Policy, will be disclosed in the next Directors' Remuneration Report.
· Pursuant to Listing Rule LR 9.6.13(1), the Group confirms that Benedict Smith was formerly a director of GAME Digital plc.
· Pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.13(3), the Group confirms that Giles David was formerly a director of the following entities which went into Creditors Voluntary Liquidation within 12 months of his departure from Casual Dining Group: TRM Tisch Ltd, La Tasca Restaurants LTD and San Gregorio (UK) Ltd.
· The Group confirms that there is no further information to be disclosed under the requirements of Listing Rule 9.6.13R in relation to the appointments.
About McColl's Retail Group
McColl's is a leading neighbourhood retailer, with an estate of over 1,400 managed convenience stores and newsagents. We operate McColl's branded convenience stores as well as newsagents branded Martin's across the UK, except in Scotland where we operate under our heritage brand, RS McColl. Our dedicated colleagues serve five million customers every week, and we are the largest operator of Post Offices in the UK.