OCADO GROUP PLC
8 September 2020
Ocado Group plc
Appointment of Non-Executive Director
Ocado Group plc ("Ocado" or the "Company") announces that Michael Sherman, Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer of BT Group plc, has been appointed as an Independent Non-Executive Director with effect from 5 October 2020. He will also be a member of the Nomination Committee. Michael brings a wealth of experience in growth strategy and improving operational efficiency in the technology and telecommunications industry.
Lord Rose, Chairman of Ocado, said:
"I am delighted to welcome Michael to our Board. Michael has extensive experience and skills in the technology sector and I am confident his insight and expertise will be an invaluable asset to the Board and our continued growth and development as a technology-led software and robotics platform business. We are very much looking forward to working with him."
· Tim Steiner, Chief Executive Officer, on 01707 228 000
· David Shriver, Director of Communications, on 01707 228 000
· Martin Robinson, Tulchan Communications, on 020 7353 4200
1. Michael Sherman is currently Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer of BT Group plc, having joined the company in 2018. Previously he led the Technology, Media and Telecommunications practice, as Partner and Managing Director, at Boston Consulting Group, where he worked for 11 years. Michael has a BS in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from Duke University and an MBA from Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.
2. For the purposes of Listing Rule 9.6.13(1), Michael Sherman does not currently hold, and has not held in the previous five years, any publicly quoted directorships. There are no further details to be disclosed relating to Michael under Listing Rule 9.6.13R.
3. As Non-Executive Director Michael Sherman will be paid an annual fee of £68,000 per annum, in line with the Directors' Remuneration Policy.
The person responsible for arranging the release of this announcement:
Group General Counsel and Company Secretary
Ocado Group plc
Buildings One & Two Trident Place
Tel: +44 (0)1707 228 000
Email: [email protected]
Ocado Group plc LEI: 213800LO8F61YB8MBC74
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange
. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom
. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected]
or visit www.rns.com
RNS may use your IP address to confirm compliance with the terms and conditions, to analyse how you engage with the information contained in this communication, and to share such analysis on an anonymised basis with others as part of our commercial services. For further information about how RNS and the London Stock Exchange