Power Metal - Canadian Silver Project - Drilling Contract Signed
Power Metal Resources plc ("Power Metal" or the "Company")
Canadian Silver Project - Diamond Drilling Contract Signed
Power Metal Resources plc (LON:POW) the AIM listed metals exploration and development company is pleased to announce the signing of the drilling contract for an initial 500m diamond core confirmatory drill programme to test the Victoria Vein at the Silver Peak Project (the "Silver Peak Project" or the "Project") in
· Drilling contract signed with an experienced Canadian drilling company for an initial 500m diamond core programme.
· Contractor is expected to mobilise within the next few days with a view to commencing drilling next week.
· Initial programme will entail drilling from two pads with planned core intercepts to test the Victoria Vein where POW due diligence sampling returned bonanza silver (Ag) and significant copper (Cu) and lead (Pb) grades from two 0.5m long surface channel samples as announced
- 0.50m @ 10,718 g/t Ag (345 troy oz/tonne), 2.14 % Cu & 2.99 % Pb, and;
- 0.50m @ 14,937 g/t Ag (480 troy oz/tonne), 3.05 % Cu & 11.95 % Pb).
· Core drilling will employ a NQ size drilling bit, for a 48mm diameter core sample, with a winter capable track mounted rig operated on a double 12 hour shift basis.
· Drilling oversight, core logging and sampling will be conducted by an experienced independent geologist, with half core samples sent to an accredited independent laboratory for analysis.
· Programme is expected to be completed within a two week window prior to the onset of winter conditions. The rig will be supported by a bulldozer on site.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER'S STATEMENT
"I am very pleased to report the signing of the drilling contract for an initial diamond core programme at Silver Peak, where the recently announced channel sampling returned exceptionally high silver assays.
The team in-country are now focused on mobilisation and commencement of drilling and we are naturally eager to see the outcome of this programme, given the results we achieved from the sampling programme recently announced.
My thanks go to our partners in
Prior to option exercise the Company undertook a due diligence exploration programme including sampling at the Project to gather further information and to assist the Company in its assessment of project prospectivity and potential.
The assay results from the due diligence channel sampling were reported on the
Table 1: Summary of assay results for samples taken during Power Metal Due Diligence sampling on
* Cu and Pb results rounded to two decimal places.
# Two over limit silver samples were analysed >10,000 ppm Ag by method Ag-GRA22 were reanalysed using method Ag-CON01.
The Silver Peak Project consists of a portfolio of mineral claims (the "claims") over a system of high grade, intrusion related, polymetallic Ag-Pb-Zn-Cu veins, part of the historical
Earlier Due Diligence Exploration Programme
The due diligence work programme previously conducted by Power Metal included various elements including channel sampling at close intervals perpendicular to the existing known high-grade veins and grab samples from a main target area between the lower elevations and the Victoria Adit.
The work also included enhancement of road accessibility to the exploration area, and the collation of detailed photographic and video evidence of the project area for cross referencing to existing project technical information.
A portable X-ray fluorescence analyser ("pXRF") was utilised to provide in-field, geochemical analyses, in conjunction with confirmatory laboratory assay testing where appropriate.
The due diligence work programme cost totalled
COMPETENT PERSON STATEMENT
The technical information contained in this disclosure has been read and approved by Mr
The information contained within this announcement is considered to be inside information prior to its release, as defined in Article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation No.596/2014 and is disclosed in accordance with the Company's obligations under Article 17 of those Regulations.
For further information please visit https://www.powermetalresources.com/ or contact:
Power Metal Resources plc
| || |
+44 (0) 7766 465 617
| || |
SP Angel Corporate Finance (Nomad and Joint Broker)
| || |
+44 (0) 20 3470 0470
| || |
SI Capital Limited (Joint Broker)
| || |
+44 (0) 1483 413 500
| || |
First Equity Limited (Joint Broker)
David Cockbill/Jason Robertson
+44 (0) 20 7330 1883
Notes to Editors:
Power Metal Resources plc (LON:POW) is an AIM listed metals exploration and development company seeking a large scale metal discovery.
The Company has a global portfolio of project interests including precious metal exploration in North America and Australia together with base metal exploration in Africa. Project interests range from early stage greenfield exploration to later stage drill ready prospects.
The Board and its team of advisors have expertise in project generation, exploration and development and have identified an opportunity to utilise the Company's position to become a leader in the London market for investors wishing to gain exposure to proactive global metals exploration.
Quick facts: Power Metal Resources
Market Cap: -
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE