Royal Mail plc
(Incorporated in England and Wales)
Company Number: 8680755
LSE Share Code: RMG
Royal Mail plc - Board Committee Membership
In light of the recent announcements that Baroness Sarah Hogg and Lynne Peacock would join the Company as Independent Non-Executive Directors on 1 October 2019 and 1 November 2019 respectively, Royal Mail plc (the Company) is pleased to announce the following Committee membership changes:
Audit and Risk Committee
· Sarah Hogg and Lynne Peacock are appointed to the Audit and Risk Committee with effect from 1 October 2019 and 1 November 2019 respectively.
· Rita Griffin and Simon Thompson will step down from the Committee on 1 October 2019.
· As at 1 November 2019 the Committee will comprise Michael Findlay (Chair), Baroness Sarah Hogg and Lynne Peacock.
· Maria da Cunha and Michael Findlay are appointed to the Nomination Committee with immediate effect.
· Sarah Hogg and Lynne Peacock are appointed to the Nominations Committee with effect from 1 October 2019 and 1 November 2019 respectively.
· As at 1 November 2019 the Nomination Committee will comprise Keith Williams (Chair), Rita Griffin, Simon Thompson, Maria da Cunha, Michael Findlay, Baroness Sarah Hogg and Lynne Peacock.
· Keith Williams, Maria da Cunha and Michael Findlay are appointed to the Remuneration Committee with immediate effect.
· As previously announced Lynne Peacock will succeed Simon Thompson as Chair of the Remuneration Committee on 1 November 2019.
· Rita Griffin has stood down from the Committee with immediate effect.
· As at 1 November 2019 the Committee will comprise Lynne Peacock (Chair), Keith Williams, Simon Thompson, Michael Findlay and Maria da Cunha.
Corporate Responsibility Committee
· The Company is also pleased to announce the formation of a Corporate Responsibility Committee effective immediately which will be comprised of Rita Griffin, Simon Thompson and Maria da Cunha.
· Rita Griffin has been appointed as Chair of the new Committee.
About Lynne Peacock: Lynne was previously the Chief Executive Officer at Woolwich plc and National Australia Bank Ltd (Clydesdale Bank plc and Yorkshire Bank plc)
About Royal Mail plc
Royal Mail plc is the parent company of Royal Mail Group Limited, the leading provider of postal and delivery services in the UK and the UK's designated universal postal service provider. UK Parcels, International & Letters (UKPIL) comprises the company's UK and international parcels and letters delivery businesses operating under the "Royal Mail" and "Parcelforce Worldwide" brands. Through the Royal Mail Core Network, the company delivers a range of parcels and letters products, including the one-price-goes-anywhere Universal Service products. Royal Mail has the capability to deliver to more than 30 million addresses in the UK, six days a week (excluding UK public holidays). Parcelforce Worldwide operates a separate UK network which collects and delivers express parcels. Royal Mail also owns General Logistics Systems (GLS) which covers 41 countries and nation states in Europe, eight states in the Western U.S. and in Canada. GLS operates one of the largest ground-based, deferred parcel delivery networks in Europe.