Rockfire Resources - 3D geophysics at Plateau supports gold potential
("Rockfire" or the "Company")
3D geophysics at Plateau supports deep gold potential
· 3D magnetic imagery confirms a gold target down to and beyond a depth of 600 m
· The reprocessing confirms a steep easterly plunge of the low-magnetic mineralised rhyolite host
· A rolling, north-south change in dip direction has been revealed
· A potentially mineralised "off-shoot pipe" has been identified at depth in the southwestern corner of the rhyolite
· A Rockfire field crew is on site preparing for the start of drilling. The objective of this first phase of the drill programme is to in-fill gaps in the drilling data within the top 200 m, moving to phase two to test for gold mineralisation down to a depth of 500 m below surface
A 3D image showing the north-south change in dip direction of the low-magnetic rhyolite is provided via the following link. This image also shows the steep easterly plunge, defined by the mineralised rhyolite and Rockfire's drilled gold intersections so far.
"The imagery produced by the reprocessing of the aeromagnetic data is exceptional. It beautifully demonstrates the low-magnetic rhyolite "plug" and defines our target for more gold mineralisation, particularly on the southern margin of the rhyolite.
The new imagery shows a rolling contact with the adjacent andesite and a steep easterly plunge. Previously, an east plunge was inferred, however, this is the first unequivocal evidence to support that inference. Additionally, the identification of the rolling contact on the southern margin is crucial for deeper targeting of gold mineralisation, which tends to occur in close proximity to the southern margin of the rhyolite.
Our field crew is now on site at Plateau and preparing for the start of drilling. The objective of this drill programme is to in-fill gaps in the drilling data within the top 200 m and to test for gold mineralisation down to a depth of 500 m below surface. The market will be informed once drilling commences."
Qualified Person Statement:
Information in this announcement that relates to exploration results is based on information compiled by Mr
For further information on the Company, please visit www.rockfireresources.com or contact the following:
| || |
| || |
Tel: +44 (0) 20 3328 5656
| || |
| || |
Tel: +44 (0) 20 3004 9512
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Rockfire Resources PLC
Market Cap: -
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE