Blackham Resources Ltd (ASX:BLK) is underway with the wet commissioning of the Wiluna gold plant and expects the first gold pour within the next three weeks.
Open pit mining continues from within the 5.1 million ounce Matilda Gold Project located in Western Australia and underground mining is expected to start within days.
Stockpiles of ore mined equate to circa one month of throughput at the plant.
The company is well funded with $43.7 million in cash after recently completing a $25 million placement.
Blackham is focused on a timely ramp up to commercial production as it looks to become Western Australia’s next 100,000 ounces per year gold producer.
Matilda Gold Project
All 5.1 million ounces of gold in the 860 square kilometre Matilda Gold Project are within a 20 kilometre radius of the company owned Wiluna gold plant.
The Wiluna gold plant, which operated up until 2013 can process up to 100,000 ounces per annum.
With open pit mining now commenced and underground mining to begin shortly, Blackham remains on track for first gold production during the September quarter.
Matilda gold production is targeted within 3 weeks with the following recent site updates:
- Ore mining at the Matilda M10 pit advancing well;
- Matilda M3 pit cutback commenced
- Golden Age underground development within days of first ore;
- Haulage of ore to plant run-of-mine (ROM) has commenced; and
- ROM stockpiles now total 145,000 tonnes @ 1.4 g/t for 6,800 ounces of gold (circa 1 month throughput).
Gold processing and infrastructure updates include:
- Ore crushing commenced last week and fine ore stockpiles building;
- Ball mills dry commissioning commenced;
- New Knelson gravity concentrator installed;
- Leach tanks nearing completion;
- New tailings dam ready for use;
- New power station and high voltage fully operational; and
- 280 rooms at camp fully active.
The refurbishment contractor has advised a small delay to the commissioning of leach tanks due to weather disruptions and lags in installation top of tank steel.
An additional paint coating is being applied to the leach tanks to reduce future maintenance.
Proactive Investors Australia is the market leader in producing news, articles and research reports on ASX emerging companies with distribution in Australia, UK, North America and Hong Kong / China.