Weekend Unlimited Inc (CSE:POT) (OTCMKTS:WKULF) CEO Paul Chu addressed topics at the CannaGather event in New York City, including demographics and the cannabis company’s reach.
Chu shared the stage with Richard Carleton, the CEO of the Canadian Securities Exchange, and Alan Brochstein, the founder of New Cannabis Ventures.
With more than 10,000 members, CannaGather is the largest cannabis industry community, according to Weekend Unlimited. It is dedicated to educating and connecting people interested in joining the industry.
During the event, Chu highlighted:
- The company's focus on building a recreational cannabis lifestyle brand that appeals to a wide range of demographics;
- The appeal of the company's stock symbol - POT: “the most iconic symbol on the Canadian Stock Exchange;
- The company's management experience in building consumer packaged good brands;
- Weekend Unlimited’s offerings across Canada, Jamaica and the US: licensed seed-to-sale in California; grow operations and a brand launchpad in Washington State; energy drink brands Champ and Verve, "defining the future" of alcohol alternatives; seed-to-sale production and extraction in Oklahoma; “world-class” retail in Alberta; and cannabis lifestyle experiences and export licenses in Jamaica; and
- The company's growth strategy with brand partnerships that align with recreational lifestyles in both cannabidiol (CBD) and and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) markets.
In addition, Chu provided a preview of the company's new look and Weekend-branded products, which he said would be made public on April 10.
Shares of Weekend Unlimited traded at C$0.14 in Tuesday’s Canadian trading. They climbed US$0.01 to US$0.10 on the OTC Markets.
Contact Dennis Fitzgerald at [email protected]