viewThe GO2 People Ltd

The GO2 People outlines capital raising for acquisition of training organisation

GO2 is raising capital to acquire Industry Pathways (IPW) - a high margin, highly scalable online education and training provider.

M&A concept
Stand-alone, in FY19 IPW expects to generate $6 million revenue and $2 million EBITDA

The GO2 People Ltd (ASX:GO2) intends to acquire one of Australia’s fastest growing training organisations, Industry Pathways Pty Ltd (IPW), for $5 million in cash and shares.

IPW generated $1.56 million in EBITDA in FY18 and is projected to grow these earnings by 28.2% to $2.00 million in FY19.

The purchase price represents a competitive 3.75x EBITDA multiple using the average of FY19, FY20 and FY21.

The acquisition is conditional to GO2 completing a capital raising and GO2 is seeking to raise up to $4.0 million through the issue of shares priced at 7.5 cents with an attaching option exercisable at 10 cents.

IPW generates revenue from training services

Established in 2011, IPW is one of Australia’s fastest growing Registered Training Organisation’s (RTOs) delivering high-quality fee for service training.

Notably, it does not rely on government funding.

IPW specialises in providing training and education in the mining and medical sectors, ranging from Certificate III’s through to Diploma level qualifications.

The Gold Coast based company has 25 staff and delivers 80% of its courses online with the remaining 20% being classroom based.

High-margin business to increase overall margin

IPW is a high-margin business compared to its peers with its FY19 EBITDA margin expected to be 33%.

To put this in context, $100 million labour hire businesses typically generate EBITDA margins of around 5%.

Notably, IPW’s high-margin business is expected to increase the blended margin in the combined GO2 Group in FY20 and beyond.

Over time, GO2 believes it can increase IPW revenue and maintain margin through the benefits of scale and technology leverage.

Acquisition to provide revenue synergies

IPW complements GO2’s recruitment business, with potential to cross-sell IPW training programs to GO2’s 175,000 job applicant database.

Cross-selling is not the only potential revenue synergy the acquisition proposes with other opportunities including increased customer, industry and geographic diversification.

READ: GO2 People increases size of business by 38% in first half of 2019 financial year

The GO2 People is a leading Australian provider of vertically integrated recruitment, training and building services.

Its estimated group revenues for FY19 total $48 million across three divisions - recruitment, training, and building.

Quick facts: The GO2 People Ltd

Price: 0.034 AUD

Market: ASX
Market Cap: $5.02 m

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events


The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...


Ascendant Resources drill program continues looking to expand south zone at...

Ascendant Resources (TSE: AND) President and CEO Chris Buncic joined Steve Darling from Proactive with news the company's drill program continues as the look at the South Zone of the Lagoa Salgada Project in Portugal. Buncic telling Proactive they are expecting to have results from this...

3 hours, 43 minutes ago

3 min read