Exactus Inc (OTCMKTS:EXDI) announced Tuesday that it is on track to exceed its initial estimates to produce 20,000 pounds of top flower from its hemp farms, with production now more likely to top 30,000 pounds of smokable flower.
The Florida-based CBD healthcare company revealed that it has made significant progress on the two 100-acre industrial hemp farms it owns in Southwest Oregon.
The company said the smokable hemp market is accelerating at a “rapid rate” and Exactus is positioned to capitalize on the opportunity. It noted that prices of premium hemp currently range between $200 to $700 per pound on the wholesale market, and multiply as the wholesale flower moves through the value chain into single-use products, such as pre-rolls and hemp flower cigarettes.
READ: Exactus on track to produce more than 20,000 pounds of premium hemp flower, begins taking orders
The company said the crop is healthy, and every test returned by the Oregon Department of Agriculture was passed with flying colors. The CBD producer said it began harvesting on September 15 and will continue to harvest top flower through November.
As a result, delivery of 2019 flower products will begin in October following drying, processing and packaging.
Flowers being served up
Exactus also offered a glimpse into the strains of top flower it was serving up for distribution:
• Suver Haze, which is known for its open flower structure, resulting in record-setting resin content.
• Special Sauce, the flagship line, contains exotic astringent berry smells, beautiful pink pistils, and some of the highest oil returns of any industrial hemp. This is a top seller in the international trimmed flower market and in demand for full spectrum oil extraction.
• Lifter which carries a farnesene dominant terpene profile with a flavor very sought after by consumers.
• Hawaiian Haze, which is a cross-breed between a specially selected Neville’s Haze male specimen and the popular ACDC. It brings farmers equatorially inspired, long season flavor with large yielding, modern hybrid flower structures. This has been among the most popular flower products since its first field trials in 2017.
• Sour Space Candy has the strongest stalk of any plant and sports a unique, terpinolene-forward flavor. This variety yields a unique flavor profile reminiscent of sour candy and growers are rewarded with full, golf ball-sized flowers that stay intact, even when subjected to machine trimming.
Exactus is building its presence in the US through a deal with Green Goddess Extracts, a highly regarded Florida contract manufacturer and formulator of hemp and vape products.
Contact Uttara Choudhury at [email protected]
Follow her on Twitter: @UttaraProactive