Silvercorp Metals Inc. (TSX:SVM) (NYSEAMERICAN:SVM) has reported results from its 2018-2019 exploration programs at the TLP and LME mines, Ying Mining District, Henan Province, China which, among other highlights, saw eight new mineralized veins discovered in the TLP mine.
In a statement, the group said that from April 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019, it continued the extensive exploration programs at the TLP and LME mines and completed 37,212 metres (m)of diamond drilling with six underground rigs from current production levels, and 33,004m of exploration tunnelling between elevation levels 500m and 1,070m.
The firm said that results from the drilling program extended the major mineralized vein structures along strike and downdip, and exploration tunnelling exposed high grade mineralized zones within major production vein structures.
Eight new mineralized veins were discovered in the TLP mine during this period, the company added.
Among them, veins T31W3, T26, T26E, T39E, T39E2 and T17E indicate the increasing importance of the NNW and NS striking veins, SilverCorp said. The drilling results from veins LM5, LM5E and LM4 at the LME mine extended the high-grade mineralized zones to at least the 260m level, it added.
The company said exploration drilling is ongoing at the TLP and LME mines, and all other mines at the Ying Mining District.
Highlights of selected mineralized zones exposed in the drift tunnels included:
• Drift Tunnel PD890-T5E1_1-890-31NYM exposed mineralization 15m long and 0.44m wide (true width) grading 1,784 grams per tonne (g/t) silver, 9.55% lead and 0.81% zinc within vein structure T31W3 on the 890m level at the TLP mine;
• Drift Tunnel PD1050-T26-1050-A4NYM exposed mineralization 25m long and 1.11m wide (true width) grading 716 g/t silver, 9.05% lead and 0.13% zinc within vein structure T26 on the 1050m level at the TLP mine;
• Drift Tunnel PD930-T14E-930-A0SYM exposed mineralization 60m long and 1.66m wide (true width) grading 430 g/t silver, 5.05% lead and 0.39% zinc within vein structure T14E on the 930m level at the TLP mine;
• Drift Tunnel PD820-T16-600-1SYM exposed mineralization 80m long and 1.04m wide (true width) grading 719 g/t silver, 5.19% lead and 0.92% zinc within vein structure T16 on the 600m level at the TLP mine; and
• Drift Tunnel PD900-LM18E1-915-52NYM exposed mineralization 60m long and 0.47m wide (true width) grading 1,469 g/t silver, 2.38% lead and 0.28% zinc within vein structure LM18E1 on the 915m level at the LME mine.
SilverCorp said exploration tunnelling from April 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019 at the TLP and LME mines, comprising drifting, crosscutting and raising, was driven along and across major mineralized vein structures to upgrade the drill defined mineral resources and test for new parallel and splay structures.