Phunware Inc (NASDAQ:PHUN) Monday announced that it has made key improvements to its Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform last year, and plans to build on that momentum to bring further improvements to its platform to bring “powerful” mobile application and mobile data capabilities to its customers.
The company’s award-winning MaaS cloud platform for mobile enables brands to engage, manage and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale.
The Multiscreen-as-a-Service platform offering includes software development kits (SDKs), vertical solutions, a mobile application framework and data products.
READ: Phunware boosts Location Based Services application to include new landmark orientation functionalities
“Phunware has made several significant improvements and added new product capabilities within our MaaS platform in 2019 that were both highly anticipated and requested,” said Matt Lindenberger, who is the executive vice president of product and engineering, at Phunware.
“We plan to carry that same momentum into 2020, with updates that continue to enhance our platform and bring powerful mobile application and mobile data capabilities to our customers,” he added.
The company said that in the year gone by, modules that received improvements included location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, analytics and audience monetization.
The company said it added landmark routing capabilities to its location-based services platform to allow the applications to display navigation instructions in a user-friendly way.
As part of the new functionality, certain points of interest can be marked as landmarks to enable more visual directions, such as instructing users to “turn left at the front desk” rather than “20 feet.”
The company recently added additional features to the application, including walk time calculations, voice prompts, and off-route alerts.
The Landmark routing sample code is accessible to developers for both Android and iOS platforms to eliminate the need to design new custom interfaces and allow them to customize features, Phunware said in a statement.
Similarly, a new product added to MaaS in 2019 included a data exchange with the following features:
• A self-service audience builder that enables digital marketers to design custom audiences within minutes using geographic, interest, intent and demographic segments;
• Audience segment metadata that provides data transparency on how the segment was constructed, where the data components were sourced and the label for the segment;
• High-quality GPS location data points from 100+ million U.S. devices to increase scale of location-based audiences;
• US Congressional District targeting for political and advocacy campaigns;
• Direct integration with programmatic advertising platforms for easy audience activation; and
• A dashboard that provides a daily audit trail for the impressions delivered and unique devices reached for each audience activated on an advertising platform.
Datasets enhancements included:
• New entities and attributes added to the Phunware Ontology that broadened the mobile data model; and
• Support for delivering high-scale datasets in Apache Parquet storage format for use in all leading cloud platforms.
Expect powerful updates in 2020
The company plans to stay the course and make further improvements to its MaaS platform. “As for 2020, the outlook includes several updates to enhance the ability for customers to explore the platform via self-service onboarding, collaboration and guided actions,” noted the company.
It said analytics will be enhanced to include conversion funnel event tracking and other reporting enhancements. Mobile engagement will be enhanced to include automatic creation of audiences based on end-user activity such as above-average session length, users who have not engaged in the app, as well as daily and monthly active user options.
“Location-based services capabilities are expected to see a completely revamped map editor experience, support for additional hardware providers and overall improved location accuracy through algorithm enhancements," said the company.
Since inception, Phunware has created more than 2.5 billion Phunware IDs representing mobile devices connected to networks. Phunware’s Knowledge Graph uses machine learning and proprietary algorithms to curate over five terabytes of data every day from approximately one billion of these active devices each month. Phunware’s data offerings enable brands to more accurately reach their target consumers.
Contact the author Uttara Choudhury at [email protected]
Follow her on Twitter: @UttaraProactive