Group Eleven Resources Corp (CVE:ZNG) (OTCMKTS:GRLVF) updated investors Tuesday on its response to the coronavirus, saying it will only begin fieldwork once restrictions on non-essential work in Ireland are lifted.
The resource group said that all staff have been working from home since mid-March and will continue to do so during the crisis. No staff member has exhibited symptoms or tested positive for the virus.
On March 27, the Irish government announced that all non-essential work in the country must cease until at least April 12, subject to further notice.
Earlier that day, the regulatory body responsible for mineral exploration in Ireland (EMD) issued guidelines, including that all licensees shall continue to submit work reports and confidential summary of work sheets as per current licence reporting dates, noted the company.
Regardless of whether fieldwork is or is not allowed to proceed, the company will continue to submit regular work reports to the EMD, noting any COVID-19 related issues, noted Group Eleven.
"The COVID-19 crisis is first and foremost on our minds and we are taking all necessary steps to protect our staff, their families and local communities," said Bart Jaworski, CEO of Group Eleven in a statement.
"We very much appreciate the EMD providing comfort that prospecting licenses can be kept in good standing if COVID-19 related fieldwork restrictions prohibit us from fulfilling certain spending requirements, provided of course, that all other requirements are satisfied," he added.
Contact the author at [email protected]