Phunware Inc (NASDAQ:PHUN) announced Tuesday it is launching a Pandemic Response Solution for mobile to address critical challenges faced by the healthcare industry due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Phunware said it can deploy a native mobile application within days, for both iOS and Android, to support pandemic response efforts.
The company’s mobile solution for a rapid response to COVID-19 provides a unique software layer that enables healthcare organizations to access all of the features and capabilities of Phunware’s Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform.
Phunware said its Pandemic Response Solution helps healthcare organizations quickly identify, locate and engage both patients and staff. The system leverages Phunware’s patented Location Based Services software and Beacon Management Solution to deliver proximity, sub one-second real-time blue dot indoor positioning, navigation and wayfinding functionality across any campus or facility while simplifying and streamlining the underlying beacon deployment and management for both the facility staff and administrators alike.
These mobile solutions are not only ADA-compliant, addressing the needs of anyone who is visually impaired, hearing impaired or wheelchair bound, but also transition seamlessly between indoor and outdoor environments.
“We owe it to the brave men and women risking their lives in healthcare organizations all over the world to ensure they have access to the very best resources and technology to effectively respond to this pandemic,” said Randall Crowder, COO of Phunware.
“Our solution enables them to combat COVID-19 by seamlessly managing patients, staff and resources in real-time through a native mobile application portfolio designed to optimize the utilization of critical resources while maximizing engagement, minimizing uncertainty and improving medical outcomes.”
Capabilities of the company’s Pandemic Response Solution on mobile include:
- Notify and route to designated parking facilities, test sites, treatment facilities or along specified paths by engaging patients and staff with contextual triggers, including location and time.
- Care for patients remotely and minimize patient leakage with a comprehensive telemedicine portal that includes Eligibility Checks, Co-Pay Collection, Streamlined Reimbursement, Automated Patient Workflow, Patient Notifications, Customized Clinical Protocols and EHR/PM Integration.
- Coordinate patients, staff and critical resources with express check-in, asset tracking and real-time wayfinding.
- Track and prevent exposure by tracing and monitoring device locations, including both real-time and historical lookbacks.
- Manage and enforce social distancing and quarantine policies, including proactive and reactive messaging, reminders and notifications.
- Foster population health management and engagement through a robust patient portal.
Contact the author: [email protected]
Follow him on Twitter @PatrickMGraham