Phunware Inc (NASDAQ:PHUN) has announced the debut of its Rapid Application Programming Interface for Devices (RAPID) mobile solution, which is designed to provide small and midsize businesses (SMBs) with access to the group's Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform.
RAPID offers SMBs a pre-integrated software layer on mobile to access many of the features of the company’s broader MaaS platform. With RAPID, businesses can deploy native mobile application portfolios on Apple iOS and Google Android operating systems in just a few weeks, the company said.
READ: Phunware forms strategic relationship with consulting firm working on President Trump’s re-election campaign
"A lot of small and midsize businesses in the United States are struggling right now as (coronavirus) COVID-19 forces them to not only reduce their workforces, but also rethink how they engage customers and achieve digital transformation during a pandemic," Phuware's chief technology officer, Luan Dang said in a statement.
"Many of these business owners don’t think they can afford native mobile application portfolios, but RAPID allows them to rapidly design and deploy streamlined, feature-rich mobile application portfolios focused on real-time consumer engagement at manageable price points,” Dang added.
Phunware’s RAPID mobile solution includes:
- Application Programming Interface access to Phunware’s MaaS platform.
- Phunware’s Mobile Engagement Software Development Kit to enable broadcast, geofence and bluetooth low energy proximity push notifications, alerts and messages
- Phunware’s Analytics and Business Intelligence to capture important app information, including operating system version, page views, device types and session details, all in a streamlined dashboard
- Phunware’s Content Management Engine to enable the configuration of dynamic content and content structures with over-the-air content publishing and updates
- Dynamic, searchable content directories to list aggregated content
- Support and maintenance to ensure the optimal performance of deployed applications, including automatic updates, as the underlying mobile operating systems and devices are updated, launched and adopted
Contact Andrew Kessel at [email protected]
Follow him on Twitter @andrew_kessel