Phunware Inc (NASDAQ:PHUN) on Tuesday announced the release of its new mobile application software Healthy Spaces, aimed at helping businesses track health information and people to assemble more safely by using tech-enabled prescreening and safety protocols.
In the initial release of the mobile application, Healthy Spaces allows users to build their own health profile which includes tracking, recording and evaluating key activities, habits and symptoms. The Austin, Texas-based company said that user can then create, manage and join groups across their professional and social networks for easy monitoring and check-ins. The user profiles help to “maintain healthy spaces by making key health attributes, like daily temperature, easily accessible for review prior to safely gathering,” said the company.
“The world is looking for ways to restart the economy and feel comfortable being social again,” said Phunware COO Randall Crowder in a statement.
“We leveraged over a decade of mobile experience to design, develop and deploy Healthy Spaces, so people and businesses will have the tools they need in a mobile-first world to combat uncertainty and gather again in a safer, more responsible way,” Crowder added.
In addition to being available as a stand-alone mobile application, Healthy Spaces will soon be available for integration into existing iOS and Android mobile applications using a proprietary software development kit (SDK). Existing Phunware customers will be able to leverage the Healthy Spaces SDK and access additional features through the Phunware’s Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform, enabling a safer return to work for businesses, a return to campus for academic institutions and a return to being social for other groups and organizations.
Capabilities of MaaS with the addition of the Healthy Spaces SDK will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing individuals and groups with pre-screening guidelines and questions upon arrival at a location
- Tracking important health, habits and risk information among individuals and groups through user profiles
- Reviewing and determining if an individual or group is approved to gather based on health attributes and potential risks
- Managing and enforcing social distancing and health protocols, through proactive messaging, reminders and notifications
- Monitoring and tracing movements and activities subject to facility readiness and integration of Phunware's Location Based Services SDK
Contact the author Uttara Choudhury at email@example.com
Follow her on Twitter: @UttaraProactive