Phunware Inc (NASDAQ:PHUN) announced on Monday that it is unveiling an integrated solution which it has developed with Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ:CSCO) to track room occupancy through the Cisco Webex Room Series.
The Cisco video conferencing platform essentially allows people to have everything they need to set up a collaborative multi-media conference room.
“As a strategic investor and valued channel partner, Cisco is a natural fit to further integrate their cutting-edge hardware with our patented software to enhance our Smart Workplace solution for global customers worldwide,” Phunware CEO Randall Crowder said in a statement.
“With certified integrations like Cisco Webex, our cloud platform for mobile provides a more comprehensive and seamless user experience that will help enterprise customers return to work in a safe, responsible and auditable manner for a post-pandemic environment,” he added.
Austin, Texas-based Phunware said its room presence capabilities now available in its Smart Workplace solution were “designed to support Cisco’s vision for a three-dimensional cognitive workspace” by integrating Phunware’s Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform with Cisco Webex Room Kits.
Features and capabilities include, but are not be limited to:
- Determining occupied and unoccupied room status by associated color icons for rooms;
- Displaying only currently available rooms;
- Filtering by floor;
- Viewing and searching room directories;
- Filtering destinations by conference rooms, restrooms or elevators;
- Viewing conference room details to include if a room is unoccupied, the number of seats in a room, the available Cisco; hardware in a room and the phone number for a room;
- Routing from a current location, or Point of Interest (POI), to a selected POI destination using Phunware’s patented Location Based Services (LBS) software technology; and
- Starting a Webex meeting through an automated arrival message
The technology company said Phunware’s Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform “can facilitate” not just a three-dimensional cognitive workspace for any Smart Workplace, but also drive digital transformation in a mobile-first world.
Phunware has a fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides products, solutions and services for brands worldwide.
Contact the author Uttara Choudhury at [email protected]
Follow her on Twitter: @UttaraProactive