The next-generation, and socially responsible, supplier of raw materials to the new infrastructure marketplace also provided an overview of the positive impacts the company has achieved to date.
In a statement, Mark Jensen, chairman and CEO of American Resources Corporation commented: "By unveiling our comprehensive sustainability plan, our shareholders and stakeholders can begin to understand the immense priority we place upon sustainability and proper environmental stewardship. The team we have built brings a wide breadth of experiences to our Company, enabling us to look at all areas that can drive value to our shareholders and the communities in which we operate."
"We see the next ten years as an opportunity for us to separate American Resources from the pack as we expand our carbon production, metal recycling and critical elements divisions, while continuing to advance innovation within our industry with a goal of setting the standard for environmental efforts," he added.
READ: American Resources Corp. subsidiary names Mineral Labs as its Lab of Record for rare earth element analysis and sampling
Highlighted ESG achievements since inception include:
- Received environmental bond releases of over 7,000 net impacted acres.
- Efficiently reduced bonded environmental liabilities by over $20,000,000 that were acquired from previously bankrupt companies.
- Eliminated supply chain redundancies and inefficiencies at operations to reduce fuel consumptions and overall waste.
- Received the Sentinels of Safety Award, the nation's most prestigious award recognizing the nation's safest mines.
- Average pay for our employees is over 200% more than the minimum wage in the region, with over $45 million in direct payroll paid over the last four years.
- Independent Board with diverse skills and experience including a distinct committee specifically dedicated to environmental and safety
Jensen continued: "Publishing a one-time ESG policy doesn't go far enough in terms of our commitment. Therefore, we are committed to routinely updating our shareholders and stakeholders about the real and measurable results from our team's progress in this effort."
American Resources Corporation is a supplier of high-quality raw materials to the rapidly growing global infrastructure market. The company is focused on the extraction and processing of metallurgical carbon, an essential ingredient used in steelmaking.
It has a growing portfolio of operations located in the Central Appalachian basin of eastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia where premium quality metallurgical carbon deposits are concentrated.
The company has established a nimble, low-cost business model centered on growth, which provides a significant opportunity to scale its portfolio of assets to meet the growing global infrastructure market while also continuing to acquire operations and significantly reduce their legacy industry risks. Its streamlined and efficient operations are able to maximize margins while reducing costs.
Contact the author at [email protected]