Goldseek Resources Inc (CSE:GSK) (FRA:4KG) (OTCMKTS:GSKKF) has announced its development strategy for the Beschefer project in Quebec, which is under a 100% earn-in agreement with Wallbridge Mining Company Limited (TSE:WM) (OTCMKTS:WLBMF) (FRA:WC7).
Goldseek said the best intersections on the property include 55.63 grams per ton (g/t) gold over 5.57 metres (m); 3.56 g/t gold over 28.4m; 10.28 g/t gold over 8m; and 12.40 g/t gold over 3.78m. True width in these sections varies between 89% and 99% of the intercepted width.
In a statement, the company said the current strategy to develop the project includes six independent phases that will be advanced in preparation of its maiden drill program:
- An update of the 3D geological model is being completed to define resource building infill drilling and expansion exploration targets;
- A review of the historical data is being completed to ensure that all data is incorporated in the project’s database and leveraged in its drill targeting;
- A review of the quality of the data is currently underway. This includes verification of the data quality regarding hole positioning, deviation tests, geological observation and data transcription into the database, sampling and certificate transcription into the database, and an overall review of the QAQC. The objective of the verification is to determine if the data quality is sufficient for resource calculation purposes;
- About 17,000m of historical core is located in Timmins. The company has identified 500m of unsampled core, which it believes could contain mineralization and therefore will be subject to sampling. Some of the unsampled intersections are located between mineralized intervals or between high-grade or low-grade gold values. The unsampled material could add important information regarding possible extensions of the mineralization near gold-bearing zones;
- Additionally, its technical team will review some parts of the core to describe the project's specific intersections further to strengthen the geological model of the mineralization; and
- Finally, the company is also assessing access to the property and will discuss with project stakeholders to ensure completion of the future work programs and to plan them accordingly.
"We are excited to start exploration on the Beschefer Project, which has demonstrated size and grade potential,” said CEO Jon Deluce.
“The data review and 3D modeling work will allow us to put the best targets forward for our estimated 5,000-metres maiden drill program in 2021 with our goal of a maiden resource in 2022. The B-14 Zone is a large-scale structure located in a favorable orogenic gold setting, which shows good continuity, consistent thickness, and hosts high-grade mineralization.”
Deluce added: “To date, it has only been tested by wide-spaced historic drilling with holes 75-100 metres apart. Our preliminary drill strategy is a combination of infill and extension drilling with the top priority target being the high-grade gold zone (55.63 g/t gold over 5.57m) which we believe is open to the north-east.”
Contact the author: email@example.com
Follow him on Twitter @PatrickMGraham