Global Energy Metals Corporation reported that it has completed a first phase program of soil geochemical sampling and geological mapping at the Monument Peak copper-silver-gold project in Idaho.
In a statement, the company said the phased exploration program conducted by Dahrouge Geological Consulting USA (DGC) included the collection of 557 soil samples and 13 rock samples.
During the course of exploration activities at Monument Peak, Global Energy Metals said crews identified several new areas of visible copper mineralization.
READ: Global Energy Metals reveals 'strong' initial drill results from the Millennium project in Australia
The strongly mineralized samples contained variable amounts of chalcopyrite and copper oxide minerals, consistent with the known Cu-Ag/Au mineralization on the property.
All soil and rock samples were shipped to Actlabs in Kamloops, British Columbia for multielement analysis (including silver) by aqua regia digestion with ICP-OES finish or rock samples and ICP-MS finish for soil samples, and gold analysis by fire assay with AA finish.
Upon receipt of analytical results, the company said it will re-evaluate all historical and recent exploration data, as it appears the mineralized system may be more extensive than previously thought. Results will be released as they become available.
“We’re excited by the initial findings from the first phase of our summer work program at Monument Peak,” said Timothy Strong, project development manager. “Initial prospecting work completed by Dahrouge Geological suggest there is a much larger footprint to the polymetallic mineralization known at the property, than previous exploration data suggested. As such we’re very pleased by the observation and discovery of several additional copper, silver and gold target areas.”
Phase I highlights of the soil and geological reconnaissance sampling:
- Soil sampling program resulted in 557 samples and 13 rock samples.
- Identified historical pit in the south of the property approximately 200 meters (m) due east from the previous known showings which had abundant copper oxide staining and quartz veining.
- Identified another historical mineralized trench located along strike between the central and southern showings with abundant quartz veining and copper oxide.
- Documented and sampled historical dumps, workings, and additional outcrops, resulting in the conclusion that the system could be continuous over its entire strike length.
Global Energy Metals said data collected during the summer/fall 2021 exploration programs at Monument Peak will be utilized to prepare an independent technical report and be used for the generation of drill targeting and permitting.
Meanwhile, the second phase of exploration at Monument Peak consisting of drone magnetics and photogrammetry is scheduled for later in the month:
- 130 line kilometer (km) at 50m spacing.
- Data processing using Oasis Montaj software.
- Conduct high-resolution photogrammetry survey over the entire property.
- 95 line km.
- DSM generation and orthoimage using DJI terra.
Contact the author: email@example.com
Follow him on Twitter @PatrickMGraham